WHY? Different Minelab headphone sockets

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Why do minelab change there headphone sockets, is it a electrical thing or what 5000,2300,now the,6000 i remember when Toyota changed there wheel stud patten the old man went off tap now i know why mmmmm🤔🤔🤔

im just try to set up my six this weekend,it took me six months convince the missus to sell her little baby(2300)i run duel speakers but i want no leads from machine to me

im just try to set up my six this weekend,it took me six months convince the missus to sell her little baby(2300)i run duel speakers but i want no leads from machine to me
SDC will naturally be different to the others as it has to be a submersible water proof connection. Should have kept the small blue wonder as it would have seen targets that the 6 will not :rolleyes:

SDC will naturally be different to the others as it has to be a submersible water proof connection. Should have kept the small blue wonder as it would have seen targets that the 6 will not :rolleyes:
People are going over ground they have hammered with the SDC and the 6000 is picking up gold the SDC missed.

Yep and will be the same vice versa. Six will pull more depth for sure than SDC, but SDC will pull gold type targets that a 6 or 7 won't.
Yep true of all machines - they all seem to have a niche where they excel over others + vice versa. The GPX4500 & 5000 as more recent PI's can be chucked in there too. A good VLF isn't out of place in some areas either.

i find myself when i find a target before digging it I'll play with the machine and the settings i get less gold for the day but u learn more and u become more confident that if it there ill hear it

Latest posts