Who Buys Meteorites in Australia? Please Give Referals

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

I have a meteorite with certification weighing 13kilos. I'm Interested in selling it.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

I believe that some state governments, maybe all?, require found meteorites to be handed in. Others here are probably more au fait on the laws.

Fnx50 said:
I believe that some state governments, maybe all?, require found meteorites to be handed in. Others here are probably more au fait on the laws.

That's a roger, we can not buy and sell meteorites legally.
There was a syndicate years ago who brought in meteorites from over seas and cut them up into small portions to sell. All confiscated, failed enterprise.

Masoud Aras said:
Hi

I have a meteorite with certification weighing 13kilos. I'm Interested in selling it.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

We need to know roughly which part of the country it was found in so we can give you best advice.

also roughly when it was found , ie was it found 100 years ago and inherited by you or did you dig it up in the bush last month ?

who provided the certificate ?

Banjo68 said:
Think he's gone quiet :8
Would love to have seen a photo of it ;)

Me too, but I think its a 'Myth'....

That's why they take a slice, to build up a reference on where Meteorites are found and come from...

LW...

Latest posts