Whites Tdi Pro Oz Replacement Battery

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MXT uses the same battery pack as the SPP & TDI SL but not the TDI Pro.
Have a look on the Goldsearch Australia website, it lists what detectors they fit.

Partly, thanks mate!
reckon ill probably spend a bit of time browsing that forum, thanks again,
dave.

Thanks ozziii and atom, might see if battery world can make me something locally, those packs are exxxxy, and flying them up here might not be an option.....

I wouldn't mind a good rechargeable pack for the SPP but the 8x 1.2v rechargeable's don't supply a very high voltage, thats why I use Duracel alkaline batts now, just costs more. I'd like to be able to use a LiFe (LiFePO4) battery pack, much more stable than the others lithium batteries available, (Li-ion, LiPo), only a little less voltage. A 4s or 4 cell LiFe pack supplies 13.2v, probably 14+v fully charged, that would be alright for what I want & power would last pretty much all day, its just the size that is to big.
Maybe a couple of the smaller 2 cell packs would be alright, lower mAh rating but its the voltage I want, wonder how a remote pack mounted in a waste bag would go.

I"ve seen a few different options for the Batteries, some look good & would work well. That 10x AA holder would be alright if it could be made to fit.

Still having trouble finding another battery pack for my tdi, riedmans one looks good, but its from the US, if I buy one and a charger, im looking at what I can get from the Victorian distributers. $320 just seems way too much for a bloody battery pack, I could get 110amph deep cycle for that....

Seems everything to do with prospecting/detecting has a huge mark up making it all pretty expensive.
I'm not sure on battery size for the TDI but there would most likely be other batteries around at a much cheaper price & all they may need is a plug change. What dimensions/voltage/amps/type etc is the TDI pack.

Had a bit of a win today.
Ivan off another forum, a tdi user, came up with a suggestion. Using 4 x 18650 li ion batts for 14.4v at 2.2 amph, which is all good as an emergency battery, because the standard pack is 4.4 amph. But you can go for 2 x 4batts in series, then hook the 2 banks as parallel for the same as a factory pack, but they (battery power) have to have the pack made up else where, probably $100 labour plus post (dangerous goods). Batteries are about 22 bucks each, probably about $300 all up, so the whites factory pack is about the same.
Another alternative though is, 5 hooked up, and use a small block of wood to fill the gap left by the other 3 batts, and you have 18v at about 2.2 amph.
That will give me about 3 or 4 hours of extra punch, or more depth by maybe as much as 1 or 2 inches apparently, at a cost of about $220....something to think about, just wondering if the existing charger will charge 18v though?

davent said:
Had a bit of a win today.
Ivan off another forum, a tdi user, came up with a suggestion. Using 4 x 18650 li ion batts for 14.4v at 2.2 amph, which is all good as an emergency battery, because the standard pack is 4.4 amph. But you can go for 2 x 4batts in series, then hook the 2 banks as parallel for the same as a factory pack, but they (battery power) have to have the pack made up else where, probably $100 labour plus post (dangerous goods). Batteries are about 22 bucks each, probably about $300 all up, so the whites factory pack is about the same.
Another alternative though is, 5 hooked up, and use a small block of wood to fill the gap left by the other 3 batts, and you have 18v at about 2.2 amph.
That will give me about 3 or 4 hours of extra punch, or more depth by maybe as much as 1 or 2 inches apparently, at a cost of about $220....something to think about, just wondering if the existing charger will charge 18v though?

head fcku

Well if you are going to use those you might as well get some 3400s and make A 6800 mah pack and be done with it, that should give you about 16 hours run time.

That Kingchrome power bank is pretty expensive, I have seen a couple of 12v+ powerbanks on ebay at a much lower price.

As for 18650 batteries, not sure how this would go but its made to put out either 5 or 13v.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330977741388?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This power bank looks pretty much the same as the Kingchrome one, just not sure on Mah rating, probably exaggerated like normal.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-Jump...619635?hash=item2a3314adb3:g:cFsAAOSw8cNUNHXa

Battery world rang me today, found an off the shelf solution that sounds like the new Whites pack, 14.4 v 6.5 amph, $200, dimentions seem almost the same as the pack I have, will see if it fits. The packs I have now are 14.4 v @ 4.4 amph.

Latest posts