Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, time out is complete.
Just watched Border Security and again some shit brain tries to bring raw meat products into Australia. My whinge is she only got a $420 fine. I would have cancelled her visa and sent her back to Asia. Biosecurity is a huge problem and larger fines need to be applied to these idiots wherever they come from.
Next whine is , I recently saw a program which said the govt is going to tax fresh produce growers in Australia so they can have more security on imported products . Are you F kidding me? We have more food than we can use and yet, we are determined, ( the govt that is) to totally stuff up our fresh produce producers.

OK, time out is complete.
Next whine is , I recently saw a program which said the govt is going to tax fresh produce growers in Australia so they can have more security on imported products . Are you F kidding me? We have more food than we can use and yet, we are determined, ( the govt that is) to totally stuff up our fresh produce producers.
It's a bit of a stretch to suggest that a minor tariff paid by the beneficiaries of better biosecurity will "totally stuff up our fresh produce producers". On the contrary, some of the more forward-thinking producer bodies are in favour of such a move, as it guarantees them a role in determining what biosecurity measures are necessary and how these should best be delivered.

i agree mackka, a $420.00 is way to little with the impact that their actions can cause
the declaration form is written in their own language so there is no excuse
visa cancelled and deport them

as with the new tax for for fresh produce growers ,i don't know whether it would stuff up the producers mackka, but it will hit the bottom line
and for the producer bodies that are in favour of the tax i think all of them already have a say on biosecurity
i don't think i have seen any amount of money going to the government guarantees anyone anything

as if the farmers in all fields have not had enough to contend with over the last few years ,drought, fire ,covid ,floods

but lets look how well our biosecurity boards (personal) have protected the country over the last 25 years or so
lets stay with fresh produce

citrus canker- wiped the citrus industry of the map at emerald( biosecurity had been informed by a worker at the farm that the owners were smuggling trees from their home country into australia for a few years to cut planting costs) did nothing until the damage was done (the owner jumped ship back to china )there was a very high chance of the citrus industry in australia being wiped out we dodged a large bullet

white fly- introduced to the country on flowers being imported (new variety for breeding)
it was a bloody nightmare when they exploded over queensland ,the only way we had to control them was spraying the crops with molasses and white oil every 5 days
the white oil stuck their wings together so the little pricks could not fly and the molasses attracted ants so they would eat them ,then that created a ant problem, FFS more money spent on the crop to control the bloody ants
and when the chemical companies finally got a chemical registered for use in australia it cost $1500.00 a litre
no idea where the bottom line disappeared to

cane smut -introduced to the country on new cane varieties
the disease stunted the cane stick and reduced yields by tonnes per hectare
about 4 years of lost production to eradicate it

the thrip problem in WA- thankfully it was contained and i think is still under control ,but at what cost to the WA farmers
and god forbid even though it is more than 25 years ago don't mention the bloody cane toad

so a new tax on fresh produce growers, no i don't think so they have cost the industry more than enough now
well that's my rant 🤬

Tonight, on Seven News Brisbane, people are complaining that they weren’t informed about a cool burn to reduce dry bush hazards. FFS, people whinge if there are bush fires and reducing fire hazard by cool burning and they are still whinging. Take the correct precautions if you have breathing difficulties, stay indoors, go to a shopping centre for air conditioned environment. However, stop blaming others that are trying to save lives in the future. Mackka

Well , according to sbs news, WA Farmers will now have to Negotiate a Permit with the Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Act , if they intend to disturb the earth to a depth more than 50mm.
So where does that leave the prospector with or without a lease? Mackka

Filled up with ulp last week at $1.65/ltr and today it jumped to $2.07 and not a single reason why. Went to coles to get some eggs and only three cartons on a fixture. I know the story on caged eggs but surely the hens are producing eggs or have they killed all the chickens ?

Latest posts