Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our fathers favourite was his razor strop. He used to belt the crap out of us 3 younger boys. I guess the other 9 kids, before us three, had worn out his patience. wiley

My wife bought an iWatch for me as a gift last April, she thought the safety features (fall and call etc) would be a good safety measure when I go on my walks, and last week I thought i haven't had an update for a while, (my Ipad got an update notification) and so i thought i would do an update. It appears that not further updates are available until I purchase a more recent iPhone as my 7Plus is no longer getting updates due to its age. It works fine and if I had been told at the time of purchasing the watch, I wouldn't have bothered. NOT HAPPY APPLE.

My wife bought an iWatch for me as a gift last April, she thought the safety features (fall and call etc) would be a good safety measure when I go on my walks, and last week I thought i haven't had an update for a while, (my Ipad got an update notification) and so i thought i would do an update. It appears that not further updates are available until I purchase a more recent iPhone as my 7Plus is no longer getting updates due to its age. It works fine and if I had been told at the time of purchasing the watch, I wouldn't have bothered. NOT HAPPY APPLE.
That's a 6 year old model - it's practically an antique!

iPhone models.jpg

Mate, it works well with no issues so why would I buy a new one apart from being able to update my bloody watch? I wasn't born in the throwaway society mate and certainly don't have $1,000 to waste on a phone. But thanks for your comment Grubsteak.
Try using an IPhone 5s.. Its sooo slow now.... But great news, My Daughter just got a IPhone 14... So i get her 'old' IPhone 11 max pro... Biggest phone 'Slapple' has ever made...... About as big as an Encyclopedia Britannica ..... o_O....

LW...

Good on ya daughter mate. Yeah I am looking at an 11 myself as I wastold yesterday that there wasn’t much difference between it and a 14 except the quality of the camera and I have cameras. Mackka

Yes I get the same...... Every 3 weeks off to Dr's to get more scripts.... Medicare is spending heaps on me, never alone every other person in Australia..... Ask your Dr If they can do a 3mth supply...

Some of my meds they can..... Just have to ask your Dr...

LW...

My scripts last 5 months and then back to the Dr. however, the Chemist will only give people one lot, i.e. 28 tabs at a time. Thank you Medicare for my free meds. Mackka

Same, my script lasts for 5 months but Chemists dole them out one box at a time. Forever having to ask for extra when heading out on a trip into the goldfields.
Went in one day though and must have been a relief pharmacist who handed me the 5 at one time. Maybe he was getting paid by the number of scripts he filled.
Another whinge is that nowadays they like to keep your script at their pharmacy so that you have to go back in there. Did that before but was caught out a few times short on medication when up at our place in the goldfields, and such a pain to organise and wait around while your script is faxed to the local chemist.
Had a new script filled just last week and only realised after I got home they had kept the script without asking me.

Latest posts