Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My whinge for today is I quit my job so I can have more time detecting in the gold fields, and just do casual work every other week ,
But I keep getting pressured by companies wanting me to come work for them fulltime,,,,,it's so frustrating what part of I want more me time don't they understand,,,,F it I just caved in and said yes to jumping back on to an excavator fulltime ,🙄🙄🙄

My whinge for today is I quit my job so I can have more time detecting in the gold fields, and just do casual work every other week ,
But I keep getting pressured by companies wanting me to come work for them fulltime,,,,,it's so frustrating what part of I want more me time don't they understand,,,,F it I just caved in and said yes to jumping back on to an excavator fulltime ,🙄🙄🙄
Time to take back control of your life bloke, after all it is yours to do so remembering that it does have an expiry date. 🤔

wise words Gavin, and as the expiry date is a bit like knowing the winning lotto numbers it's worth remembering, we're here for a good time, not a long time.⏰
100% Dave The day after today is tomorrow but there is no guarantee a tomorrow will exist . Some call that negativity, I call it being a realist, but then maybe I've just been around to long and seen to much :rolleyes: I recently made a big "life change' and the only regret I have had in doing so is not having done it ten years sooner. 👍

Just going through the Aldi catalogue and I nearly fell off my chair, "Bassa Fillets $8.49, 400gm pack, Every Day" now that equates to $21.23 per kg. They used to sell for around $6 per kg so that's what I call inflation on steroids, personally I wouldn't eat them, I know what they are and I've seen the conditions in which some of them are farmed.😝
In Vietman its called Ca Tra. Fish breed in ponds surounded with houses that they all have a share is. Theres a communal toilet they all use that feeds the fish. YES...fish breed on human & anamal SHIT. Ca Tra

with the covid here at the moment ,we are getting worked to the death , when we are rostered 7 on we have 4 days off ,last 7 on i got 2 days of, then i finish 7 on again last night and the boss wants me to work 2 twelve hour shifts this weekend to cover the covid absence ,had a gut full told him to shove it where the sun don't shine ,then the tired prick started whining they will have to pay the offsider to sit in the crib room and do nothing for the 2 twelve hour shifts ,what i said to him is not repeatable here
years ago they stopped offering the drivers work in the off season (navvie or field work) and over the years the drivers have left and got full time jobs elsewhere and now they barely have enough to cover the shifts each year

with the covid here at the moment ,we are getting worked to the death , when we are rostered 7 on we have 4 days off ,last 7 on i got 2 days of, then i finish 7 on again last night and the boss wants me to work 2 twelve hour shifts this weekend to cover the covid absence ,had a gut full told him to shove it where the sun don't shine ,then the tired prick started whining they will have to pay the offsider to sit in the crib room and do nothing for the 2 twelve hour shifts ,what i said to him is not repeatable here
years ago they stopped offering the drivers work in the off season (navvie or field work) and over the years the drivers have left and got full time jobs elsewhere and now they barely have enough to cover the shifts each year
Same everywhere mate.
We've been told recently that the expectation is that we cover our own leave i.e. if someone is sick or on holidays we do extra hours/shifts to cover it.

West Australian newspaper headlines yesterday.
Schools proposing to withdraw "Head Girl" & "Head Boy" titles.
It goes against gender and other beliefs in todays world?????
Not sure it is all that radical - they seem to be arguing that head boys and girls should simply be called school captains and not selected on gender but that students simply vote for those they consider to be the best people, regardless of whether they be boys or girls (not requiring that there be an equal number of each anymore). I think many schools have long done that, calling them school captains or head prefects.

West Australian newspaper headlines yesterday.
Schools proposing to withdraw "Head Girl" & "Head Boy" titles.
It goes against gender and other beliefs in todays world?????
Its a pendulum thing nightjar. It will swing one way then swing back hard the other way. My kids school is trying to indoctrinate them into a certain ( un named for forums benefit ) way of adult thinking that kids shouldnt even need to think at that age and allowed to just be children but it will back fire on them as they will grow up supporting the opposite way of thinking likely resenting those who tried to make them feel bad. I know this from personal experience and that of others who have encountered these types while still young. Imo they are just weak people attempting to gain power over others that they have never had by making them feel shame. I dont know if this applies to the WA headline or not.

Last edited:
Just going through the Aldi catalogue and I nearly fell off my chair, "Bassa Fillets $8.49, 400gm pack, Every Day" now that equates to $21.23 per kg. They used to sell for around $6 per kg so that's what I call inflation on steroids, personally I wouldn't eat them, I know what they are and I've seen the conditions in which some of them are farmed.😝
Haha I wouldn't eat basa either, Breed in the cesspools of the Mekong .
And only 10% is tested for diseases, it's like Russian roulette,
But you right the prices are getting ridiculous, I just saw flathead fillet for $69 a kilo ,hank God I'm a fisho and catch my own ,,

Last edited:
Came to me today when I drove through a section of road where they were laying a new layer of asphalt.
What will happen to our roads when bitumen is ruled out with the carbon footprint program?
Although it presently comes mostly from petroleum refining, there are large deposits that are already bitumen. It is not readily biodegradeable, so goes to landfill or is recycled. I doubt that it is considered a significant part of the carbon footprint.

What about plastics? I think the dominant feed is natural gas (and because of heavy EV batteries, EVs contain up to 250 kg of plastic to keep them light). Some is made from coal and petroleum derivatives and a small amount from plants. They also don't figure much in any carbon footprint, but an estimated one third is used in packaging and the immense volume annually creates other problems.

Life wasn't meant to be easy....

Enjoying the after match celebrations for Geelong on the TV and because the mens season has just finished these gambling leeches are raming betting on the AFLW matches down our throats. F....... disgusting 🤢