Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday i filled my car up with ulp and paid $1.49/ltr, today driving to the shops i noticed a garage with the price at $1.94/ ltr. What happened overnight, i missed something? Mackka
Yeah so up and down ,I filled up for $1.42 at the metro and Coles shell just 100 meters up the road was $1.98 And the ampol opposite that was $1.56
Go figure the barrel price hasn't changed

Last edited:
I filled up my Falcon for less than $100 recently with 98 Premium, first time in ages it's been below that, I think the price was $1.72.

Hopefully the oil price tumbles a bit more soon.

My whinge is they are going to promote electric cars with tax incentives to buy those cars none of which are made in this country and use the for the enviroment argument ( which is bs if you look carefully ) to justify further penalising every one who cant afford one who have to drive a petrol or deisel and by doing that it will also be adding to the already high costs of heavy transport which will add to the cost of everything. Then when more people are driving the electric vehicles they will then slug them with a huge rego increase to cover the lack of fuel excise they pay to pay for the roads. I like electric cars btw but as they get better and cheaper they will sell themselves, models such as the atto byd 3 are just the start with out artificial incentives curtesy the tax payer.

My whinge is they are going to promote electric cars with tax incentives to buy those cars none of which are made in this country and use the for the enviroment argument ( which is bs if you look carefully ) to justify further penalising every one who cant afford one who have to drive a petrol or deisel and by doing that it will also be adding to the already high costs of heavy transport which will add to the cost of everything. Then when more people are driving the electric vehicles they will then slug them with a huge rego increase to cover the lack of fuel excise they pay to pay for the roads. I like electric cars btw but as they get better and cheaper they will sell themselves, models such as the atto byd 3 are just the start with out artificial incentives curtesy the tax payer.
Totally agree. If Musk, China, and others want to sell electric cars to this country to save the world and their own wealth, then we should refuse to subsidise them until they show some support for our industries and workforce by promoting industry here.
We have the resources Lithium, graphite, nickel, cobalt to make the batteries they use and also the ability to make cars and their parts here. Are our politicians going to continue to use the taxes they collect from us to subsidise the the pockets of these internationals on the pretence they are saving the world?

https://performancedrive.com.au/exclusive-plans-australian-built-electric-cars-pushing-ahead-3121/ - so who knows?
The subsidy is around $3000 and only for the first few thousand electric cars each year, and only for lower-priced electric cars. It is to get a few on the road, and you can be sure the subsidy will decrease and then disappear as the number on the roads increases.

"Then when more people are driving the electric vehicles they will then slug them with a huge rego increase to cover the lack of fuel excise they pay to pay for the roads" - that seems reasonable to me, since a lot of money for road maintenance comes from there. They still wear out the roads like other cars. Otherwise they would be penalizing those driving hydrocarbon cars (making them pay the road maintenance for electric cars).

Last edited:
https://performancedrive.com.au/exclusive-plans-australian-built-electric-cars-pushing-ahead-3121/ - so who knows?
The subsidy is around $3000 and only for the first few thousand electric cars each year, and only for lower-priced electric cars. It is to get a few on the road, and you can be sure the subsidy will decrease and then disappear as the number on the roads increases.

"Then when more people are driving the electric vehicles they will then slug them with a huge rego increase to cover the lack of fuel excise they pay to pay for the roads" - that seems reasonable to me, since a lot of money for road maintenance comes from there. They still wear out the roads like other cars. Otherwise they would be penalizing those driving hydrocarbon cars (making them pay the road maintenance for electric cars).
One thing we can be sure of. No avoiding tax. Looking further out into the future. Small ev passanger vehicals will be probably be air bourne saving on road construction and traffic jams while heavy transport will probably be ground bound for a while due to the inherent weight. Air ships might even make a come back only this time they will be automonous and coated in a light solar fabric assuming we dont have a massive war or other disaster and continue on this trajectory.

Latest posts