Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, To be honest In the future I might not agree a lot with what he does but what ever he does it needs to be done coz someone has got to fix this mess and he will make some Clusters and he will hit a few 6's so it's swings and roundabouts, I think he'll do ok.
As long as it's not another lettuce in the vegie patch hey RR ? 🤔 😂

There was a kid in our class at Indooroopilly High who used to place a piece of blotting paper with touch powder under chairs at random while they were upside down on the desk. You'd walk into class and as you dragged you chair off the desk to place it on the floor it would explode. No damage done but one hell of a fright.

One day the teacher saw him fiddling under his desk and came for a look, he quickly shoved it in his pocket and it exploded. Very lucky he can still call himself a man today ;)
During apprenticeship, making acetylene bombs was a way of hurrying up bludgers sitting behind closed door of the dunny? Get the mixer correct and they dusted the overhead beams in the workshop.

Just got an email from Mygov telling me that I am owed 198.92 AUD. All I had to do was click on the link and fill out the form. Hmm, the email started by addressing me as "Dear Customer", the sentance was grammaticaly incorrect, there was no $ sign infront of the amount and it had AUD after it. The little swines need to lift their game if they're going to mine serious money. Although in their defence they did make an effort with the format and logo's. Just a heads-up to everyone.

During apprenticeship, making acetylene bombs was a way of hurrying up bludgers sitting behind closed door of the dunny? Get the mixer correct and they dusted the overhead beams in the workshop.
Bit extravagant there NJ, we just used to light up crumpled newspaper and throw it under the door to extract them 😂 The acetylene was saved for balloons under the welding benches. Can you imagine pulling those stunts these days? :rolleyes:

Bit extravagant there NJ, we just used to light up crumpled newspaper and throw it under the door to extract them 😂 The acetylene was saved for balloons under the welding benches. Can you imagine pulling those stunts these days? :rolleyes:
😂🤣😇 It is now illegal to smack your kids?
Wonder what they would think today about the tradesmen back then getting us familiar with heights by tying us to the hook on the mobile cranes and hoisting us upside down 100ft into the air. o_O

😂🤣😇 It is now illegal to smack your kids?
Wonder what they would think today about the tradesmen back then getting us familiar with heights by tying us to the hook on the mobile cranes and hoisting us upside down 100ft into the air. o_O
Since when?

Last I knew (2014) it was "Solicitor Anneka Frayne from Stacks Law Firm said the Supreme Court decision was interesting in law, but stressed that while many other countries have instituted legal bans on corporal punishment of children including New Zealand, Germany, Italy, Hungary and Greece, there is no anti-smacking law in Australia".

You
Since when?

Last I knew (2014) it was "Solicitor Anneka Frayne from Stacks Law Firm said the Supreme Court decision was interesting in law, but stressed that while many other countries have instituted legal bans on corporal punishment of children including New Zealand, Germany, Italy, Hungary and Greece, there is no anti-smacking law in Australia".
You might want to check that ? There are about a half dozen section paragraph blah blah in regards to this . Here is one of them 🤔
It has been held by a court that a parent is not lawfully entitled to administer to a girl of 19 months any physical punishment except of the very lightest description - a slight slap at most;

You

You might want to check that ? There are about a half dozen section paragraph blah blah in regards to this . Here is one of them 🤔
It has been held by a court that a parent is not lawfully entitled to administer to a girl of 19 months any physical punishment except of the very lightest description - a slight slap at most;
There are a number of legal firms confirming on-line that it is not an offence, such as the one quoted. There was a trial case and conviction but it was thrown out on appeal. And of course the issue is severity - normal laws of assault also apply to children, but normal smacking is not classed as assault in Australia. A slight slap sounds appropriate for a kid only 19 months old - that is a very small kid. We found that at that age the "naughty corner" was probably more effective.

a length of leather harness (1/4"x1/4" 6' long) folded in halve used to hang on a hook beside the slow combustion stove with in easy reach ,and mum had a knack that, if you were out of the 3' range she would let one end go on the fly and it hit like a whip s*&$%#t didn't that lift you

we used to get the ironing cord as well feral i know what you mean

Latest posts