Whinge of the day thread...

mbasko

Matt
Moderating Team
Reaction score
with the covid here at the moment ,we are getting worked to the death , when we are rostered 7 on we have 4 days off ,last 7 on i got 2 days of, then i finish 7 on again last night and the boss wants me to work 2 twelve hour shifts this weekend to cover the covid absence ,had a gut full told him to shove it where the sun don't shine ,then the tired prick started whining they will have to pay the offsider to sit in the crib room and do nothing for the 2 twelve hour shifts ,what i said to him is not repeatable here
years ago they stopped offering the drivers work in the off season (navvie or field work) and over the years the drivers have left and got full time jobs elsewhere and now they barely have enough to cover the shifts each year
Same everywhere mate.
We've been told recently that the expectation is that we cover our own leave i.e. if someone is sick or on holidays we do extra hours/shifts to cover it.

Reaction score
West Australian newspaper headlines yesterday.
Schools proposing to withdraw "Head Girl" & "Head Boy" titles.
It goes against gender and other beliefs in todays world?????
Not sure it is all that radical - they seem to be arguing that head boys and girls should simply be called school captains and not selected on gender but that students simply vote for those they consider to be the best people, regardless of whether they be boys or girls (not requiring that there be an equal number of each anymore). I think many schools have long done that, calling them school captains or head prefects.

Reaction score
West Australian newspaper headlines yesterday.
Schools proposing to withdraw "Head Girl" & "Head Boy" titles.
It goes against gender and other beliefs in todays world?????
Its a pendulum thing nightjar. It will swing one way then swing back hard the other way. My kids school is trying to indoctrinate them into a certain ( un named for forums benefit ) way of adult thinking that kids shouldnt even need to think at that age and allowed to just be children but it will back fire on them as they will grow up supporting the opposite way of thinking likely resenting those who tried to make them feel bad. I know this from personal experience and that of others who have encountered these types while still young. Imo they are just weak people attempting to gain power over others that they have never had by making them feel shame. I dont know if this applies to the WA headline or not.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just going through the Aldi catalogue and I nearly fell off my chair, "Bassa Fillets $8.49, 400gm pack, Every Day" now that equates to $21.23 per kg. They used to sell for around $6 per kg so that's what I call inflation on steroids, personally I wouldn't eat them, I know what they are and I've seen the conditions in which some of them are farmed.😝
Haha I wouldn't eat basa either, Breed in the cesspools of the Mekong .
And only 10% is tested for diseases, it's like Russian roulette,
But you right the prices are getting ridiculous, I just saw flathead fillet for $69 a kilo ,hank God I'm a fisho and catch my own ,,

Last edited:
Reaction score
Came to me today when I drove through a section of road where they were laying a new layer of asphalt.
What will happen to our roads when bitumen is ruled out with the carbon footprint program?
Although it presently comes mostly from petroleum refining, there are large deposits that are already bitumen. It is not readily biodegradeable, so goes to landfill or is recycled. I doubt that it is considered a significant part of the carbon footprint.

What about plastics? I think the dominant feed is natural gas (and because of heavy EV batteries, EVs contain up to 250 kg of plastic to keep them light). Some is made from coal and petroleum derivatives and a small amount from plants. They also don't figure much in any carbon footprint, but an estimated one third is used in packaging and the immense volume annually creates other problems.

Life wasn't meant to be easy....

aussiefarmer

Thinks he is funny
Reaction score
Full
Enjoying the after match celebrations for Geelong on the TV and because the mens season has just finished these gambling leeches are raming betting on the AFLW matches down our throats. F....... disgusting 🤢
Fully agree , they carry on about poker machines and monitored gambling but there's a non stop flow on betting from your phone.
I only go to a small country pub but lately 5 or 10% of patrons bet on their phones... I can see the dangers , life savings could be blown before anyone even twigged someone has a problem.
There's non stop advertising, not only in ads but by the presenters themselves, the do gooders got rid of everything else that may destroy lives but somehow they can flog sports gambling non stop.
Most kids with phones have figured out how to get profiles on 18+ sites like Facebook and tinder for example , so how many teenagers have figured out how to get a betting account.

Reaction score
While on the whinge thread, I gotta say how p!ss&d off I am about the Optus data breach. These 💩 lost my DL numbers, passwords, dob and more! If it's found that they didn't take reasonable action to prevent the cyber attack, I'll be looking to join a class action against them. 🤬

Reaction score
not so sure about history, we don't seem to learn by by it, if anything we tend to re-write it

grubstake

Moderating Team
Reaction score
Coles have reduced the price on over 400 items, yahoo, fantastic, ah, how much off each item? Well that depends, of course on the product but i believe most are their own brand. Understand that that reported a $3+Billion profit.
Australia Post is considering closing 25 of their operations without ANY consideration for the elderly and thats on their reported profit of $6Billion. Fair suck of the Sav! Mackka
Looks like the Coles' campaign is ongoing - now they're talking "Dropped and Locked"! This article includes a partial list:

Reaction score
All smoke and mirrors I M O, the big supermarkets have jacked up prices so much that the propaganda they feed us about "Prices Down" and "Prices Locked" is just B S 🐂💩

Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more Dave. They have been putting their prices up ever since the pandemic started and by “dropping” the prices a bit makes them look good. Well it doesn’t cut the mustard with me. When you look and some of the brands they dropped the prices on , you couldn’t call it “food”, Kleenex, Handee, and Kelloggs isn’t food it’s sugar for kids. My dummy spit for today. Mackka

Reaction score
Spot on Mackka, and most of thier 1/2 price specials are lollies and other junk food and drinks, not healthy or nutritious things.