Whinge of the day thread...

Hawkear

Geoff Mostyn
Reaction score
This section gets a fair bit of leeway regarding political discussion however, reference to specific politicians or political parties will be removed.
The more infrastucture such as bitumen or concrete roads we create the more later we and later generations have to fork out for maintenance.
Be careful how much we want now. The hidden cost is maintenance.
Who is going to pay for maintenance on that after it is finished (if ever)?

Nightjar

Contributor Plus
Reaction score
There are some very sensitive people out there. I was told by a pc person a while back that they dont like me using the word Black Boy to describe the plant I was looking for and I now should refer to them only as Grass Trees. I think for people like this being offended at every thing gives them a small amount of power they lack in there life and that gets them off some how.
They will always be "Black boys" regardless!

Reaction score
Just going through the Aldi catalogue and I nearly fell off my chair, "Bassa Fillets $8.49, 400gm pack, Every Day" now that equates to $21.23 per kg. They used to sell for around $6 per kg so that's what I call inflation on steroids, personally I wouldn't eat them, I know what they are and I've seen the conditions in which some of them are farmed.😝

Reaction score
Just going through the Aldi catalogue and I nearly fell off my chair, "Bassa Fillets $8.49, 400gm pack, Every Day" now that equates to $21.23 per kg. They used to sell for around $6 per kg so that's what I call inflation on steroids, personally I wouldn't eat them, I know what they are and I've seen the conditions in which some of them are farmed.😝
Yep, hanging in baskets in polluted river water

Reaction score
My whinge for today is I quit my job so I can have more time detecting in the gold fields, and just do casual work every other week ,
But I keep getting pressured by companies wanting me to come work for them fulltime,,,,,it's so frustrating what part of I want more me time don't they understand,,,,F it I just caved in and said yes to jumping back on to an excavator fulltime ,🙄🙄🙄

Diginit

Gavin of Garfield
Reaction score
My whinge for today is I quit my job so I can have more time detecting in the gold fields, and just do casual work every other week ,
But I keep getting pressured by companies wanting me to come work for them fulltime,,,,,it's so frustrating what part of I want more me time don't they understand,,,,F it I just caved in and said yes to jumping back on to an excavator fulltime ,🙄🙄🙄
Time to take back control of your life bloke, after all it is yours to do so remembering that it does have an expiry date. 🤔

Diginit

Gavin of Garfield
Reaction score
wise words Gavin, and as the expiry date is a bit like knowing the winning lotto numbers it's worth remembering, we're here for a good time, not a long time.⏰
100% Dave The day after today is tomorrow but there is no guarantee a tomorrow will exist . Some call that negativity, I call it being a realist, but then maybe I've just been around to long and seen to much :rolleyes: I recently made a big "life change' and the only regret I have had in doing so is not having done it ten years sooner. 👍

Ros

Reaction score
In Vietman its called Ca Tra. Fish breed in ponds surounded with houses that they all have a share is. Theres a communal toilet they all use that feeds the fish. YES...fish breed on human & anamal SHIT. Ca Tra

Reaction score
with the covid here at the moment ,we are getting worked to the death , when we are rostered 7 on we have 4 days off ,last 7 on i got 2 days of, then i finish 7 on again last night and the boss wants me to work 2 twelve hour shifts this weekend to cover the covid absence ,had a gut full told him to shove it where the sun don't shine ,then the tired prick started whining they will have to pay the offsider to sit in the crib room and do nothing for the 2 twelve hour shifts ,what i said to him is not repeatable here
years ago they stopped offering the drivers work in the off season (navvie or field work) and over the years the drivers have left and got full time jobs elsewhere and now they barely have enough to cover the shifts each year

Latest posts