Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Seniors Month in Qld, Yahoo, well not really. You see if you need a Bowel Cancer Screening (not me), the cost of the Preparation is $85.00. Yep no Medicare reduction, nothing. As Bowel Cancer is a major killer in Australia you would think, considering all the bloody TV ads telling everyone to do the test, that there would be some reduction especially for Pensioners that may not be able to afford the Prep or they must go on the waiting list like the thousands of others on the public system.
If you register with the Goverments National Bowl Screening team you will receive the test kit in the mail for free but you have to be over 50. If you try to get one from the chemist it will cost you. Best to go online and register.

If you register with the Goverments National Bowl Screening team you will receive the test kit in the mail for free but you have to be over 50. If you try to get one from the chemist it will cost you. Best to go online and register.
Thanks mate but as I stated it wasn’t for me, however, being over 50, I receive a Bowel Kit every two years unless you have a Colonoscopy, then it is 5 years. Cheers

Today my whinge is about lawyers.
Selling our property in the goldfields at Daisy Hill, I needed to lay my hands on the title.
Couldn’t find it and finally realised that my conveyancer who acted for me in the original purchase had never sent it to me. I rang them and after a search through their files it was found there.
I asked if they could post it to me and the reply was that I would have to pay a $55 postage and handling fee.
The title was and is my property, no reason it could not have been sent to me with all the other settlement paperwork and invoices at the time. Even if it was an oversight it should be at their cost.
To me this is legal ransom.

Today my whinge is about lawyers.
Selling our property in the goldfields at Daisy Hill, I needed to lay my hands on the title.
Couldn’t find it and finally realised that my conveyancer who acted for me in the original purchase had never sent it to me. I rang them and after a search through their files it was found there.
I asked if they could post it to me and the reply was that I would have to pay a $55 postage and handling fee.
The title was and is my property, no reason it could not have been sent to me with all the other settlement paperwork and invoices at the time. Even if it was an oversight it should be at their cost.
To me this is legal ransom.
Are you sure it is a fee charged by them? We went through this recently. The title can be retained by your mortgager (once discharged), your lawyer or your self (the last a minority of cases) but you need to specify who is to hold it at the time the transaction is finalised. Recently all certificates went digital.

"But the most important thing to keep in mind here is that you can only get a digital copy of the original title search. The copy of the original certificate is also known as register search. Title registries were moved to online infrastructure by the Australian government. As a result, original certificate of titles are held at each state’s land registry. Authorities only issue digital copies of the certificates. Essentially, all the original deeds are held by state authorities. Whenever you need a title search, you can apply with land registries or brokers. Only those brokers can issue digital copies of certificates of titles who are licensed to do so".

There is a fee that varies with each State now if you want a copy. We had to pay a lot more than $55 in Victoria (more than double that from memory). It is about $28 in SA.

Recently paid my home out 🥳

Bank wants another, can't remember if it was 3 or $500 plus State fees to release Title. Not happly about that and needless to say, I haven't paid it.

Recently paid my home out 🥳

Bank wants another, can't remember if it was 3 or $500 plus State fees to release Title. Not happly about that and needless to say, I haven't paid it.
"A discharge fee, for instance, could cost you from $150 to $400. This fee is basically charged to cover the lender's legal costs". The problem is, you probably agreed to pay it when you took out he loan.

There may not be any point in doing so. Fairly safe in a bank vault. Perhaps more so than at home.

😳 I would tell them to " JOG ON !!! "
Dude I have Brought & Sold many Properties ,
Stick to your Guns .
This is their error .
What I don't understand is that it is usual for the conveyancer to get you to specify what you want done with the title when you do their paperwork. Also whether it is their charge or a State charge.

Dare say it was Goldie, hidden in the contract. Still, i find it a tad on the nose and wont pay it. Not unless I sell the house. Definately safer there than here. I got their letter saying its paid up and mine. Happy with that

Dare say it was Goldie, hidden in the contract. Still, i find it a tad on the nose and wont pay it. Not unless I sell the house. Definately safer there than here. I got their letter saying its paid up and mine. Happy with that
Yes, that is what I meant - you won't notice the cost if you pay it when you sell.

Copy of title in SA is $63, it is generally shown as a line item on your discharge of mortgage which is provided by your conveyancer IF you request a copy.

There was no finance involved in the original purchase about 7 years ago so I was entitled to the title unencumbered.
I spoke to them by phone and they said they had the title, not that they would need to apply for it but that they physically had it and I could pick it up from their city office. there was no mention of a fee If I picked it up.
When I asked if they could post out the bit of paper and offered to pay them for the postage that’s when the $55 was mentioned in an email as “postage and handling”.
Lucky we have some free seniors V Line vouchers and so will use them for a day in the city but not paying $55.

And to top it off, they are still building in the same street. Again, its time local govt or state govt is held responsible.
Adding to my gripe, my wife informed that that they are resuming 90 homes, a Fire Station and an Ambulance Station for this highway extension which, IMO is not going to make one iota of difference to the traffic snarls in that area and to make things worse they are going to build 30,000 new homes in an area near Caboolture in the future. Beats me.

Good onya Gina, should be more like her. This country is starting to be run by minorities that have no respect for those that have and are making this country great.
Thought you were talking about my wife for a minute.
It is so crazy that logic just seems to be going out the window when people can be held responsible for what other people have done just because they are related or have the same skin colour.
The future of our society is dependent on sensible and scientific thinking and not stupidity like blaming people for the perceived “Sins of the Father” mentality.
If that could be a valid way of looking at history, boy, could I have some thing to complain about with my own heritage.

All over the world they are trying defame historical figures because their actions don't suit modern ideals...
I am not a fan of people trying to guilt us Australians either, the bulk of the citizens here are decendants of migrants and convicts, not the red coats.
Bad things have happened since caveman days and guess what , they will continue until the end of the human race.

Go Gina , if they don't like your money don't give it.... I bet they got to netball on a steel bus from their steel framed house.

Latest posts