Whinge of the day thread...

Reaction score
Second case of Foot and Mouth discovered in “ undeclared” meat products in Adelaide. These people only care about themselves as has been seen many times on Border Protection tv programs and they get away with a minuscule fine. Time to stop all flights from any Asian Country in order to protect our meat industry. Mackka
Bit inaccurate I think (the press likes a good disaster). Fortunately it was "DNA fragments" not a viable disease that could infect anything. In fact it is fairly difficult for it to be transmitted in meat products (it can last more than a month in some parts of dead animals - but only parts that no human in their right mind would eat, that noone is likely to bring in). And we can't get infected eating infected parts of an infected animal anyway, and you would have to then smear that infected meat on livestock to transmit it. , And again, it is not just Asian countries but many continents that have it (eg Bulgaria at present). Since Australian tourists don't usually work with live animals while overseas, the risk is thought to be small (faeces that people have stood on - less likely smeared saliva from an animal). You cant catch it from eating meat - and few people eat their meat raw - there is a very slight risk from drinking infected milk (given the TB in milk in many countries I don't touch it when overseas).

It is a worry, but there is a reasonable probability that we could stop it by vaccination if it did enter (other countries have) - but that could still cost us billions in incorrect assumptions by buyers of our live animals etc. I hope we don't get it, but we seem to panic immediately about everything since covid - you might get knocked down by a car tomorrows (or hit by a meteorite, or killed by an erupting volcano). Cars are far more likely.

Obviously it is of concern, but constantly worrying about everything that comes along that COULD be of concern will probably do your health more damage. I won't worry further myself until they actually report a CASE of infected livestock in Australia.

Reaction score
Well the 3 stooges were in full glory today at work trying their best to make my workday as bad as it can be then when one ofter the other had a go at me I simply said with a straight face.

I'm not arguing with you idiots as your trying to drag me down to your level and beat with experience, well the look on the faces said all as I just walked away and tomorrow at work should be a good one as the office will by now know about it

Reaction score
Well the 3 stooges were in full glory today at work trying their best to make my workday as bad as it can be then when one ofter the other had a go at me I simply said with a straight face.

I'm not arguing with you idiots as your trying to drag me down to your level and beat with experience, well the look on the faces said all as I just walked away and tomorrow at work should be a good one as the office will by now know about it
Every workplace has at least one.... But 3..... I feel for ya...o_O:oops:

LW.....

Reaction score
I'd prefer to keep out of this thread, but I feel compelled to speak.

I'm a member I was a member of a Gold Prospecting group on Facebook. Last time out bush I went detecting and met a guy who I hadn't seen for a few years... turned out be the admin of the group, had a good chat and caught up etc. The spot I went I parked the car further away and walked in with the Detector. I decided to check in on the group earlier today...said I needed to join the group, bit confused I decided to just check my messenger notification...admin of group had messenged me talking about holes dug and not filled in...over the week or so he hadn't been there.

It looks like I was booted from the group, I fill my dang holes in though! Guilty until proven innocent...not like the admin came down in the last shower, can't believe it. What a pick in the back eh. 0.o
I was there after he left on the day, but only about 1/2hr before I took off to get some colour in a known place. He said he thinks nobody else had been there? Am I the only one who parks a car and walks about to explore new places? Ohh well.

Tl;dr- It seems more and more people are so reactive these days and quick to judge harshly. I guess I'm surprised, ohh well....at least I can be here at PA and share with you top class lads. :)

Peace.

mbasko

Matt
Moderating Team
Reaction score
First time in months here I'd seen any fuel under $2/litre.
ULP was $1.90.
Diesel has been up to & over $2.40.

Reaction score
A visit to Woolworths today and our favourite Bushell's coffee has gone from $6.50 to $8.50?
Correct me I'm wrong but that accounts for a 23.5% price rise.
Am I living in a cave or has inflation jumped this amount?
No, but coffee definitely has...

Reaction score
Yesterday i filled my car up with ulp and paid $1.49/ltr, today driving to the shops i noticed a garage with the price at $1.94/ ltr. What happened overnight, i missed something? Mackka
Yeah so up and down ,I filled up for $1.42 at the metro and Coles shell just 100 meters up the road was $1.98 And the ampol opposite that was $1.56
Go figure the barrel price hasn't changed

Last edited:
Reaction score
I filled up my Falcon for less than $100 recently with 98 Premium, first time in ages it's been below that, I think the price was $1.72.

Hopefully the oil price tumbles a bit more soon.

Reaction score
My whinge is they are going to promote electric cars with tax incentives to buy those cars none of which are made in this country and use the for the enviroment argument ( which is bs if you look carefully ) to justify further penalising every one who cant afford one who have to drive a petrol or deisel and by doing that it will also be adding to the already high costs of heavy transport which will add to the cost of everything. Then when more people are driving the electric vehicles they will then slug them with a huge rego increase to cover the lack of fuel excise they pay to pay for the roads. I like electric cars btw but as they get better and cheaper they will sell themselves, models such as the atto byd 3 are just the start with out artificial incentives curtesy the tax payer.

Hawkear

Geoff Mostyn
Reaction score
My whinge is they are going to promote electric cars with tax incentives to buy those cars none of which are made in this country and use the for the enviroment argument ( which is bs if you look carefully ) to justify further penalising every one who cant afford one who have to drive a petrol or deisel and by doing that it will also be adding to the already high costs of heavy transport which will add to the cost of everything. Then when more people are driving the electric vehicles they will then slug them with a huge rego increase to cover the lack of fuel excise they pay to pay for the roads. I like electric cars btw but as they get better and cheaper they will sell themselves, models such as the atto byd 3 are just the start with out artificial incentives curtesy the tax payer.
Totally agree. If Musk, China, and others want to sell electric cars to this country to save the world and their own wealth, then we should refuse to subsidise them until they show some support for our industries and workforce by promoting industry here.
We have the resources Lithium, graphite, nickel, cobalt to make the batteries they use and also the ability to make cars and their parts here. Are our politicians going to continue to use the taxes they collect from us to subsidise the the pockets of these internationals on the pretence they are saving the world?
Let’s see how much guts our politicians have in demanding a better deal for our country.