What temperature do you set your engel/camp fridge to?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone using a Kings Fridge 45lit are they OK.

I've got a Kings 60L. Its a couple of years old and has been on 2 x 3 week trips. It's used as a fridge (not a freezer) and it worked fine.
If I bought again I think I'd go for one of the fridges with an inbuilt lithium battery. The higher cost would be offset by not having to have a second battery in the vehicle to run the fridge.

Our 39L Engel has a home made cover, canvas lined with woolen blanket. (Lid has double layer of blanket under the canvas) Use it as a freezer on our 3-4 week trips with out any problem, haven't checked the actual temperature for decades but everything remains solid. Also have an Engel combo (60/80L?) we transfer frozen to fridge section daily to thaw for evening meal. As the freezer section empties we transfer frozen from 39L. Usually the 39L empties in 3rd week and is shut down.
Both these fridges are on the back of the ute and a 110AH AGM supplies the power, charged with 200W solar and alternator while driving. If by chance cloud rolls in battery is topped with generator powered battery charger.
Meanwhile the 3Way in the van is running faultlessly on gas.

Is anyone using a Kings Fridge 45lit are they OK.
Hi
I have a Kings 45l which I purchased 20 months ago
It was one of the last with the Danfos motor
The current model has a different motor and was described to me by a staff member to be their new economy fridge
I haven’t read any reports of how this new motor is going
I’d suggest you do some more research
The Danfos motor is used by many retailers and is considered as good as any in the world
Good luck

Latest posts