What is this ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some type of Dragon Flower-shaped Chinese coin.
Which one or age I don't know.
It's not any I've found searching as yet.
Sorry I should have put some sort of size reference in the picture. Its about 6 inches across.

Goldfreak, I found this broken piece off something similar.
Looks like an alloy of brass / lead or tin. Not sure if it would have been petal shaped or round, but similar size to your intact one.
Mine came from a site in Adelaide that has produced some 1800’s relics.
Interested to see if you can ID your nice find.
1627B6C8-33DC-4384-98BA-9E661105F005.jpeg

Great spotting OzzieAu. It certainly does look like mine and I said 6 inches but its actually 4 so is a similar size. I exaggerated lol. Will post the reverse side. Looks like a lid. Tea ? Hope its not a burial urn. Many Chinese traveled all the way from Port Adelaide to Victoria. Not just Robe. Screenshot_20230330_145247.jpgScreenshot_20230330_145451.jpgdont know what this character means. The other one might be blessing or heart.

Last edited:
I did some more sleuthing. The style of the dragon appears to closely resemble these old pre ww2 antique not Chinese but Japanese metal cases in a cherry blossom shape. The symbols on mine also match whats in the round one. Still dont know what they say though. Screenshot_20230402_203832.jpgScreenshot_20230402_212059.jpg

Last edited: