What have i done!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Have had a hankering over the years to dabble in the dark arts of swinging a wand and have finally taken the plunge. This could also be a midlife crisis purchase. lol

Not sure exactly what I want to focus on but being in Canberra there will be some long 'day trip's' or weekenders if i want to dabble in gold. I'm thinking I'll start in coins/treasure as there's a plethora of places i can get to relatively easily.
I've decided on a Nox 800 as it seems to offer the best options for all possible targets and environments rather than a dedicated machine. Have also grabbed a finder and other assorted digging/shovelling/supporting items (geez it adds up quick).

Looking forward to getting out amongst it and learning as much as I can.

Hopefully I wont be asking what may sound like a lot of silly questions.

Cheers,
Rob (Dashooter).

Welcome, mate. ACT gives you access to Vic and NSW soon enough. All the best with it.

Phil8303 said:
Welcome, mate. ACT gives you access to Vic and NSW soon enough. All the best with it.

Its good to be in the middle. Have family in Vic (originally from Vic) so I dare say Ill be hunting down there at some stage. :)

Dashooter said:
Hi Everyone,

Have had a hankering over the years to dabble in the dark arts of swinging a wand and have finally taken the plunge. This could also be a midlife crisis purchase. lol

Not sure exactly what I want to focus on but being in Canberra there will be some long 'day trip's' or weekenders if i want to dabble in gold. I'm thinking I'll start in coins/treasure as there's a plethora of places i can get to relatively easily.
I've decided on a Nox 800 as it seems to offer the best options for all possible targets and environments rather than a dedicated machine. Have also grabbed a finder and other assorted digging/shovelling/supporting items (geez it adds up quick).

Cheers,
Rob (Dashooter).

The Nox is primarily a coin, treasure and relic hunter but it does have a gold mode that is worth giving a try out in the gold fields..It will not handle extreme iron mineralisation though.. The machine loves salt sand and beaches, so the South coast is looking good.

Best of luck.
:D

Adrian ss said:
Dashooter said:
Hi Everyone,

Cheers,
Rob (Dashooter).

The Nox is primarily a coin, treasure and relic hunter but it does have a gold mode that is worth giving a try out in the gold fields..It will not handle extreme iron mineralisation though.. The machine loves salt sand and beaches, so the South coast is looking good.

Best of luck.
:D

Thanks Adrian, South Coast is also part of the plan (now we can get down there and come back without isolation). :)

I have not been tecting since the lock Downs but hope to get to the coast soon. My stamping grounds are anywhere between Batemans Bay and Eden.
My best results from the beaches have been from below the low tide line in roughly knee deep water.
I find that the quantity of targets is thinning out on the beaches over the past few years so listen for the weak signals from deep long time buried items. Also rings, watches and coin is often found in the dry sand high up on the beach and the sand grassy areas are always worth checking out.

Adrian ss said:
I have not been tecting since the lock Downs but hope to get to the coast soon. My stamping grounds are anywhere between Batemans Bay and Eden.
My best results from the beaches have been from below the low tide line in roughly knee deep water.
I find that the quantity of targets is thinning out on the beaches over the past few years so listen for the weak signals from deep long time buried items. Also rings, watches and coin is often found in the dry sand high up on the beach and the sand grassy areas are always worth checking out.
Thanks Adrian,
Awesome tips right there.