What happened to the Detech 80cm Concentric Coil?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody knows if the Detech 80cm Concentric Coil is still available here in Australia?
I've noticed it's no longer advertised on the Detech Australia website, and the only ads I can find for it are in Europe or the USA, along with the enormous postage to get it here. There seemed to be favorable reviews from the people who tried it here in Oz back when it first came out, so I'm not sure if the issue is that it is no longer being manufactured, or maybe wrong price-point for Oz once freight and profit are added to it?

They've got the 45cm & 60cm.
The 80cm might be an order as required item or unable to stock at the moment?
I'd just drop Stinky Pete a line & ask him. He's always gotten back to me pretty quick on any enquiries.

Email Peter Pink <[email protected]>

Edit:Mobile number removed .PM's or Email.

I got my 18" from Nenad early 2020, he told me that supply was problematic due to Covid. I got one of the only 2 he had. Covid may still be an issue...... If you can't get hold of Pete, try Nenad.

Edit..... Ooops, Nenad is Phasetechnical online for those that don't know. :)

mbasko said:
I'd just drop Stinky Pete a line & ask him. He's always gotten back to me pretty quick on any enquiries.

I'm a bit interested in that coil as well ,but can you fellows tell me about your thoughts on the 18'' c/c ?? Like I'm happy enough with mine ,its light ,sensetivity ,and a whole range of options to use it by , but it just hasn't impressed me so far with depth ?? so much so i've gone back to the 14'' elite ?? what's your opinions ??

I've never tried a concentric of any size before personally hugh62, and I'm not ashamed to say also that the large Mono's frustrate the hell out of me on the 5000. I guess it's because I'm detecting one of the deepest areas of the GT where biggies were found in the past quite deep, and there's nothing worse than spending hours digging false signals, or battling EMI.

I know from historical records that if there are any lunkers left lurking on my land, they will most likely be found anywhere between 3 feet and 9 feet below the surface. I know I can kiss the 9 footers and a lot of the others goodbye, but I've often wondered if I'd be in with a chance with a dirty great big concentric on the 5000? I know the "Ducks Foot" nugget was found in WA about 800mm down with a 7000 using the 19" coil, and I know a 5000 with an NF 25" DDX will beat a 7000 on 1 ounce for depth using the stock 14" coil. If I'm going to dig possibly up to 1 metre down though, I expect to find something metal even if it's only junk. Red Clay or nothing at all just makes me want to fill the hole back in over the top of myself. Not interested either in dumbing the detector down or bolting on a small mono just to ping the tiddlers hiding among the lead shot. Another thing I like about the concentrics, is that size for size they seem extremely light when compared with other coils (especially the DD's). It's nice flat grazing land with no trees and one of those big mothers should glide over it nicely :D

hugh62 said:
mbasko said:

I'm a bit interested in that coil as well ,but can you fellows tell me about your thoughts on the 18'' c/c ?? Like I'm happy enough with mine ,its light ,sensetivity ,and a whole range of options to use it by , but it just hasn't impressed me so far with depth ?? so much so i've gone back to the 14'' elite ?? what's your opinions ??
Hugh I did a couple of write up's on my opinion of the 18" Concentric coil when I had one.
In short I thought it was probably a better option to have for specific areas or situations than a large DD coil due to the sensitivity, lighter weight, stability etc.
On most areas though it wouldn't have replaced my Evo or Detech spiral mono coils.

P.s. although I didn't find any deep gold with the 18" Concentric coil I thought it was punching reasonably deep on similar targets to the monos especially in Normal. My thoughts were probably more due to the familiarity of using my mono coils & no doubt more trust in them.

Here you go DS... 40 Coiltek :lol: :lol:
1624018020_0769ea36-57bd-426f-9ad1-8b57e010d739.jpg

104cm :inlove:

That'll take quite a few months of sly stamp collection sales through Paypal though, to build up the funds so Mrs D doesn't see the cost :)
It certainly seems chunkier than the Detech 80cm. The only thing that worries me about the Detech 80cm is that apparently balsa wood is also a component of the materials used in its manufacture (Obviously to help with the weight). I'm just wondering how that compares though to Carbon Fiber as far as life expectancy goes?
I still have vivid memories of the 1 metre wingspan Balsa wood model plane that my father made for me when I was about 5 years old. It took him weeks to make from an expensive kit he bought as part of his recovery from a work hand injury. Covered in tissue and dope, huge rubber band along the fuselage to drive the 6" propeller. When he presented it to me finished, I excitedly ran through the back door to go out into the paddock to fly it, only to leave the wings behind as I ran through the back door :8

Latest posts