What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No mate you haven't missed anything, just lit our fire too 🙄 I'm fast running out of fingers when it comes to counting new experiences over the last few years 😳 Life's definitely an unending experience, never in my born days did I ever think I'd be lighting the fire in February, might as well grab a can and watch it 😋😅
Snowing in Victorian mountains today...bloody freezing here on the coast last night, and had 8 mm rain today.

Talking of things cold, surprise this morning to find our fridge is now an ex fridge.
Lucky the weather is as cold as it is, as managed to salvage a lot into the Engel and Chilly Chest. So hard to find a fridge tradie and managed to do so only to be told after he found out the model, that we would have buckley‘s of finding a replacement power unit for it.
We had a quick shop around for a similar replacement then the job of taking off two doors so they can get the new fridge in the house when they deliver it tomorrow before the week end.
Now I am being forced to have a few drinks before they warm up.169ABAEC-C98A-4EF1-896A-57B6BEABA554.jpeg

Talking of things cold, surprise this morning to find our fridge is now an ex fridge.
Lucky the weather is as cold as it is, as managed to salvage a lot into the Engel and Chilly Chest. So hard to find a fridge tradie and managed to do so only to be told after he found out the model, that we would have buckley‘s of finding a replacement power unit for it.
We had a quick shop around for a similar replacement then the job of taking off two doors so they can get the new fridge in the house when they deliver it tomorrow before the week end.
Now I am being forced to have a few drinks before they warm up.View attachment 7634
Not sure how old your fridge is but I'll nearly back it in you would be in with a chance to find what you need by contacting "Save on Spares"

We have a side by side fridge that shat itself, was told due to age the only option was to replace it. Found Save on Spares and got it sorted. They have spares for almost every white goods manufacturer and know what their talking about. Mind you we have 2 fridges so having one idle for a week wasn't an issue, fixed it for under $250.00 bucks and still going strong 💪👌

Thanks RM for that info and will make a note about Save on Spares for future reference. Our fridge was 13 years old. The pity is that when we left our Daisy Hill place earlier in the month we sold off the perfectly good fridge from there. If we had just hung onto it a bit longer, it could have been the back up to give ourselves more time.
Gina’s happy about the new fridge as will have three sections, Top French door fridge, bottom drawer freezer, and middle drawer that can be used either way. Not so sure myself as when things get more complicated in this modern age there just seem to be more things that can go wrong.
I remember when my mum sent Dad to buy a new toaster to replace the “modern” pop up one that had just broken. Dad thought that the new pop up technology was unreliable and arrived home with one of the old drop side ones that you had to watch like a hawk to stop the toast getting incinerated.
Mum was not PLEASED in capital letters.
When we buy kitchen stuff now, my main consideration is to ask myself does it keep my wife happy?

Lucky Ba@#%$Ds, 36C and they say with the humidity it feels like 40C and I would have to agree. Oh for some rain and a cool night. Mackka
38 here yesterday mackka ,overcast, humidity through the roof and no breeze to be found anywhere ,then ergon decided to turn the power off at 7am instead 9am ,and turned it back on at 1:30pm
the power was supposed to be off for 2 hours only but they decided to do more work in the heatwave:rolleyes:

Still cool down in Geelong, but better than yesterday. Now 17 and heading for 21. Our fridge arrived about an hour ago and Gina is ecstatic. I’m bloody happy to as have been able to put the door back on and keep a little more heat in the house. Like Fabio would have said “I can’t believe it’s not winter”
PS Wow! Cut it a bit fine with my measurements.649DA7BF-D370-4FBC-8A0B-AE34BC2974DB.jpegCB7DD00F-9675-443A-9043-C7AB7D2883B8.jpeg

Still cool down in Geelong, but better than yesterday. Now 17 and heading for 21. Our fridge arrived about an hour ago and Gina is ecstatic. I’m bloody happy to as have been able to put the door back on and keep a little more heat in the house. Like Fabio would have said “I can’t believe it’s not winter”
PS Wow! Cut it a bit fine with my measurements.View attachment 7645View attachment 7646
Don't you have to have about 100mm all round for heat transfer? Nice fridge, we looked at one and decided that too much space was wasted by the water/ice chiller. Enjoy.

Mackka, We were told about one inch clearance all round with somewhat more at the back to prevent squashing of power leads and hoses (for water and ice dispenser types).
Apparently the condenser produced hot air is largely exhausted from the under the front bottom of the fridge.
The small gap shown in the photo at the front of ours is a bit misleading as it is actually only over the front doors and hinge cowling which only extends back about 8” and not under cabinet. Behind the cowling there is about 1.5” clearance so should be ok.

This post is about What i saw Today....

B-2_Spirit_bombers_dc.jpg

2 of the USA B2 Stealth bombers flew over our house today Accompanied by 6 fighter jets.. We live on a Military Flight Path and see heaps of jets and things fly over But first time for these beasts based at Amberley AF Base...
4 were sent over awhile ago, 2 went back and 2 are staying Permanently Here .... Why they are called Stealth Bombers I have no idea as i could hear them coming from miles away...😂

Unfortunately they are here for this reason...
https://www.asiapacificsecuritymaga...o-australia-as-indo-pacific-tensions-heat-up/

LW...

This post is about What i saw Today....

View attachment 7726

2 of the USA B2 Stealth bombers flew over our house today Accompanied by 6 fighter jets.. We live on a Military Flight Path and see heaps of jets and things fly over But first time for these beasts based at Amberley AF Base...
4 were sent over awhile ago, 2 went back and 2 are staying Permanently Here .... Why they are called Stealth Bombers I have no idea as i could hear them coming from miles away...😂

Unfortunately they are here for this reason...
https://www.asiapacificsecuritymaga...o-australia-as-indo-pacific-tensions-heat-up/

LW...
I think it is because you first know they are there when you hear them only seconds before they unload on you - they do not show on radar (carbon fibre I think).

Yes they are Beasts.... You are correct being Carbon fibre.... They are designed for High level bombing ... Not low level... Thats up to the smaller Fighters..... Their wingspan was so much larger than the fighters that were with them.....
I know most of their bombing runs around here.. Pratten area is their dogfight practice area and hear and see them at very low height usually 3or 4 at a time.... But for bombing they Leave Amberley, Travel down inland to Nymboyda (behind Coffs Harbour) using the valleys and ridge lines as cover and then fly across to the coast for a practice run up to Evans Head where they have a bombing range..... You usually know when they are doing this as the north area of Evens head Beach is closed to public... There are a set of rocks just off the coast that they use as practice.... Last time i saw these rocks off the coast they do appear to be getting smaller... But most runs are Practice, so no actual bombing takes place.. Then its a nice fly up the coast and turn off at about main Beach then over Coomera area.. Once over Tamborine Mountain then you hear them open up as they are over farm land and back home... ... What a life for some... .. When I was working on Q1 high rise , (tallest on coast at the time) we would be looking down at the jets flying a little lower.. Most likely looking for Those White Pointers that the GC beaches are famous for.. ... One Year during Indy, We had the army doing a display... One fella had a sign up that said (see pic bellow.).....man did they get in the poo poo for that...

Delete this pic if you mods feel its too much..

f8a0d372a40043c2cc49cf19eb6a1737.jpg
LW...

I think it is because you first know they are there when you hear them only seconds before they unload on you - they do not show on radar (carbon fibre I think).
From http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/bomber/b-2.htm :
The B-2's low observability is derived from a combination of reduced

infrared, acoustic, electromagnetic, visual and radar signatures. These

signatures make it difficult for the sophisticated defensive systems to

detect, track and engage the B-2. Many aspects of the low-observability

process remain classified; however, the B-2's composite materials,

special coatings and flying-wing design all contribute to its

"stealthiness."

The B-2 is shaped to scatter radar waves rather than to reflect
them back to their source, which would result in the bomber's detection. This is accomplished by a combination of curved surfaces and sawtooth
edges (such as the trailing edge of the wing), both of which bounce
radar waves away at an angle.

Latest posts