What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great and i love how you have positioned that spare at least a metre away from the back of the van. Safe travels.
You can move the bar that holds the spare in and out Mackka and I would like to slide it in about 12 inches but there are hoses in the way so you could only move it about 4 inches.

I'm going to have an early night. Tomorrow morning at 6:30am I pick up Gary the Pom from the bus depot in Perth. He's been here for a year travelling throughout the country and turned up home last Friday. We left him there because we had a prior appointment in Perth. His vehicle is parked in my back yard ready for his next visit whenever that might be.

I'm going to have an early night. Tomorrow morning at 6:30am I pick up Gary the Pom from the bus depot in Perth. He's been here for a year travelling throughout the country and turned up home last Friday. We left him there because we had a prior appointment in Perth. His vehicle is parked in my back yard ready for his next visit whenever that might be.
I'd be interested to find out how his epic trans-Australia tour went, adventures/misadventures, highlights, etc.

🤔😕 where's the boat dave 🤣
safe travels with the new toy mate ,enjoy the comforts
I've had several people say "why don't you get a tinny and stick it on top of the ute" Grumpy, but old Dave won't be doing that, I did it when I was young, fit and strong but after this years winter trip with the Minniebago and the boat we'll be taking the caravan on some gold seeking adventures and Miss Kay has even agreed to give detecting a go which will give me a good excuse to buy a 2300 or 6000, though with the amount of gold I find a 2300 probably makes more economic sense.

I've had several people say "why don't you get a tinny and stick it on top of the ute" Grumpy, but old Dave won't be doing that, I did it when I was young, fit and strong but after this years winter trip with the Minniebago and the boat we'll be taking the caravan on some gold seeking adventures and Miss Kay has even agreed to give detecting a go which will give me a good excuse to buy a 2300 or 6000, though with the amount of gold I find a 2300 probably makes more economic sense.
Reckon give yourself the best chance on the gold. The new caravan looks the goods to allow you some decent staying time in the goldfields so arm yourself with the best you can afford.
Have not long ago sold our 2300 and purchased a 6000. My wife is wrapt as we came home a few days ago and she found 6 bits for over a gram after a couple of misses with the 2300 on trips before that.
When I managed to wrench the 6000 from my wife’s hand I managed to clean up a few bits left behind by my 5000/8” combo.

Just came back from a 3 hour drive after collecting a metal detector from Herberton Qld.
Was advertised for sale on Marketplace.
Long drive, but good detector.

Attachments

• 43217E7.tmp.jpg
    43217E7.tmp.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 3
I'd be interested to find out how his epic trans-Australia tour went, adventures/misadventures, highlights, etc.

Yes I was surprised by his reluctance to meet more forum members. There were so many opportunities as he travelled throughout the country. I think he spent time in every state, spent quite a while in Wedderburn when he lost a massive amount of money on an debit card scam and had all his account frozen. That was after he returned from the top of Cape York so he covered a lot of the country.

He visited the Department of Transport here in WA, I think he was looking into what he need to do to sell his Nissan Patrol. During the process he was informed that his vehicle was unregistered and had been since the rego ran out five months earlier. I told him to just get a 48hr permit and drive it up to me and park it until his return. He arrived in a couple of days but as it worked out he was not eligible for a permit without a WA driver's license. They told him that he couldn't drive it away, it had to be towed. In the end he drove onto a beach, I think here in WA, and bogged. He stripped everything out of the vehicle and took it to high ground expecting the tide to take the Nissan away. Fortunately another vehicle arrived and rescued him and his vehicle.

I got out at 5:30am this morning so that I could pick him up well before my first flight lesson at 9:30. He said he would be arriving at Meltham Station at 6:30 so I was ready however he sent me a text to say that he was standing outside Woolworths. Well there's no Woolworths at Meltham so I called him and eventually worked out that he was at Midland, 17km away in annoying traffic. When floosy on the iphone led me to the carpark it just happened to be at the back of the station on the other side of a chain-wire fence. After sitting at the level crossing until a train passed by I located him opposite Woolworths Midland. I spoke to my iphone "Seri take me to the international airport". Well she tried but at each intersection I got a double call, she was trying to take me back to Midland while directing me to the airport. We ended up in the back streets of Helena Valley before I worked what was going on. Eventually we arrived at the airport and I sent him on his way but I didn't have quite as much time as I wanted to have a bit of breakfast and then make it to Jandakot Airport for my flight. I don't like to arrive stressed but we managed to safely land after a few successful Touch and Goes and a couple of aborted attempts ;) seven and a half hours flying time this week and long way to go......

I'm sure he has an awful lot of great stories but doesn't seem eager to tell. However he's a nice guy and we'll welcome him back.

Latest posts