Well !!! Now I've gone and Dun It.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A While back Some of you folks might remember that I was getting back in to my music and I bought a few Guitars, well that cleaned up a few Grand and although I had been wanting the same Guitar as Eddie Cochran but I ended up buying the same brand but a different model "which was really Hot" anyway the more I got into the music I love something was just not Rockin Enough, So just before Christmas I went and bought the Guitar that I have pined for since the mid 70s And all is right with the world, It is the Eddie Cochran Signature Gretsch G6120, (originally designed by Chet Atkins) Complete with The Modded Neck pickup That Eddie Changed On his one back in 1955 and complete with 24ct Gold Plated Hardware, and the Mother of Pearl type Inlays on the Finger Board have Steers Heads and Cactus and Fence posts Engraved in to them,

This Guitar or should I say Eddie's Guitar was responsible for such Massive Hits like Summertime Blues, C'mon Everybody, Three Steps to Heaven, 20 flight Rock, Just sittin In the Balcony, Eddie's Career was bought to a sudden End On April 16th 1960 At around 10 minutes to midnight In a Car Accident because of a Reckless Taxi Driver In Chippenham Near Bristol In the UK, rushing to get Eddie Cochran and the Girl he was Engaged to and also his song writing partner Sharon Sheeley and Eddie's Best Mate The Great Gene Vincent whom both survived even though they were both badly injured, But Eddie Died at around 4:10pm Sunday the 17th of April 1960. Eddie was 21.

Apart from Eddie's music, Not many people know that it was him who invented the unwound 3rd string on Guitars and he was one of the first Pioneers of Multi-track recording along with the Echo effect that most people take for granted in the music industry and He was Touring around America 2 to 3 years before Elvis got started and he was a session Guitarist at the age of 14 backing a lot of 1950s American Stars way back in 1952, everyone thinks that Distorted Guitars came about in the 60s/70s But Eddie was doing that in 1955/56 so heaven knows just how big he would of been if he had of Lived,

Thanks for taking the time to read my Post,, John

Please note that the photo of Eddie has had the Colour boosted, Eddie's hair was Actually Blond.

1452303948_eddie_cochran-13100.jpg

1452304001_my_g6120_ec.png
1452304080_my_ec4.png

That is a work of art mate!!
I envy anyone who can belt out a tune and will be sure to show my mate this post!
On his computer though as I don't want to be wiping the drool off mine ha ha :lol:

Thanks for sharing RR! :cool:

Cheers,

Billy.

Billy said:
That is a work of art mate!!
I envy anyone who can belt out a tune and will be sure to show my mate this post!
On his computer though as I don't want to be wiping the drool off mine ha ha :lol:

Thanks for sharing RR! :cool:

Cheers,

Billy.

Thanks Billy, The Colour on mine is more Orange than that picture shows because the flash on my phone blew the colour out,
I have searched for this sound since I was a Kid and it is Sonically Perfect and it sounds just like those great Rocords from the 50s, Now I need a 1955 Car to go with it.

John

Mackka said:
That's one great lookin axe. Congratulations and cannot wait to see a vid with you playin it.
Mackka

I am working on it, At the moment I am sorting out more Amps and a Studio, I wish I could of found this Guitar when I was Back home in OZ but at the time they had stopped making them and I searched all over the world for it and now at last I Got it.

John

Thanks Guys, for me this music has a special place and no matter what it always lifts you up.

At the height of Rock"N"Roll/Rockabilly Eddie, and Little Richard made the Trip all the way to OZ in 1957 and Toured with Auatrlian Rockers Alis Lesley along with Johnny O'Keefe and the Dee Jays

Here is a little bit of history of that Tour,

http://australianrockpoptours50s60s.../little-richardgene-vincenteddie-cochran.html

john

Latest posts