Welcome to the latest member of the moderating team!

XLOOX

Moderating Team
Reaction score
Hiya Makka,

Name is Andrew. I am a Chemical Engineer that played in the gold industry from ~1986-1992. Plant Metallurgist for 2 gold mines, worked in goldroom & lab in 2 others. Also some gold related project work.

All that was a long time ago amd I moved on to other industries. Currently semi retired and spending a bit more time detecting than before.

I have always had a detector but it was like the fishing rod & rifle - just something you chucked in the back of the 4wd and took out if prospects looked good, else it stayed there. Now the rifle has gone & I am happy just to potter about exploring our great country and constantly being amazed at where & how the old diggers lived.

Only joined PA a couple of years ago but used to frequent the forum for a couple of years before. I always had a look at other Aus prospecting forums when I was searching for info but was turned off by the off topic content & language used on them. I always presumed that the difference with PA was due to the efforts of the admin team and now I am sure of it !

WalnLiz

Wal nLiz
Reaction score
I think you may have inadvertently doubled your work load Andrew by stating that you are a chemical engineer that has worked in a gold room.:oops: Moderating is time consuming enough in itself, but I fear your inbox will soon get inundated with metallurgy questions. Good luck.

Reaction score
Hiya Makka,

Name is Andrew. I am a Chemical Engineer that played in the gold industry from ~1986-1992. Plant Metallurgist for 2 gold mines, worked in goldroom & lab in 2 others. Also some gold related project work.

All that was a long time ago amd I moved on to other industries. Currently semi retired and spending a bit more time detecting than before.

I have always had a detector but it was like the fishing rod & rifle - just something you chucked in the back of the 4wd and took out if prospects looked good, else it stayed there. Now the rifle has gone & I am happy just to potter about exploring our great country and constantly being amazed at where & how the old diggers lived.

Only joined PA a couple of years ago but used to frequent the forum for a couple of years before. I always had a look at other Aus prospecting forums when I was searching for info but was turned off by the off topic content & language used on them. I always presumed that the difference with PA was due to the efforts of the admin team and now I am sure of it !
Congratulations on joining the mod team Andrew, good bunch of blokes there on the team with you.

Hope you enjoy the challenge. 👍

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
As sad as seeing some of the previous mods take a step back after years of service, theyve taken on some fantastic members to fill Big shoes.

All the best to you Andrew (@XLOOX ) and the rest of the current mod team, the calibre of the mod lineup is very impressive.

New and old PA members seem in good hands.

Congratulations.

Latest posts