WalBanker Clones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They Look awesome, I will send a PM as I would love to get a genuine Walbanker...
Im ready to get out in a stream after watching 3 seasons of Gold Rush Alaska Haha

DeanInSydney said:
They Look awesome, I will send a PM as I would love to get a genuine Walbanker...
Im ready to get out in a stream after watching 3 seasons of Gold Rush Alaska Haha

Gold rush is the reason I got interested in the great hobby of prospecting too :)

Rod

Hi Wal, I am new here and looking forward to shovelling some dirt, in about a week I should be home and I should enough posts to PM you. Cheers

Highway1 said:
Hi Wal, I am new here and looking forward to shovelling some dirt, in about a week I should be home and I should enough posts to PM you. Cheers

Pretty sure Wal is in WA at the moment.

DD

Diggerdude said:
Highway1 said:

Pretty sure Wal is in WA at the moment.

DD
Wally is away for about the next 7 weeks enjoying sunshine from the sky and looking for golden sunshine from the ground :)

hey Jeff my old mate, pal, buddy..any chance of getting some of that mesh off you this week, dropped past the yard on Friday, but the old boy said you were out all day.
any chance of leaving me some at the office for me to pick up

westatrest said:
hey Jeff my old mate, pal, buddy..any chance of getting some of that mesh off you this week, dropped past the yard on Friday, but the old boy said you were out all day.
Sure can mate ill go cut some now :)
Oh and welcome to the forum

gtsjeff said:
westatrest said:
thanks for the warm welcome, and thanks in advance for the ally..

Hi Wal (and everyone else!),

I've been prepping to buy my first highbanker for awhile now and if it wasn't for the members of this forum I wouldn't have found out about your famous little 'Wal-Banker', for which I'm now absolutely pumped about getting made. I haven't really got the means to make one myself so I've been going around with the plans (thanks for the pics/specs on other thread) and getting quotes... got one quote back for about $348 (just the frame - that about right?) and still waiting on few more... but if there was any chance I could get one - from the grand master himself - it'd make me and my little bro unbelievably happy - we're HUGE fans of you and Liz's work and love watching your videos.

We're still relatively new to the hobby but absolutely dedicated at maybe making a life out of it - it's all I can think about these days!

In any case I really appreciate your willingness to share on this forum and I look forward to posting here a lot more in the future just as soon as I feel like I've got something worth contributing!

Cheers mate!

westatrest said:
gtsjeff said:
westatrest said:
thanks for the warm welcome, and thanks in advance for the ally..
picked it up today off the old boy, thanks again gts..the Ikea-banker is almost complete

What a beautiful piece of equipment. I'm hoping to start building one very soon and wondered whether Wal or someone could tell me what thickness the Alu sheet is? I'm even considering whether thin gauge stainless would work or would it be much too heavy? Anyone got any thoughts?

From memory most use either 1.6mm and 2mm thickness, and I think Wal uses 1.6mm (correct me if I'm wrong). I'd definitely stick with aluminum if you plan on hiking with it - the lighter the better! :)

Thanks for that Navieko, I was wondering about the weight, I guess if you're having to carry the sluice for a distance, the last thing you need is for it to be heavy.

Hi Wal,

I'm new to this site, been watching your vids on youtube and keen to get one of your HB's (My first) can you PM me with a price etc. If you have the time to put together another one of your fine specimens. Keen to take the kids out and get them hooked big time.

Regards PJ

What would be the best pump for the Walbanker? I am looking at a 1" petrol pump, but was wondering if a 2" would be best? I would rather buy the right one the first time, than buy one to big or too small.

Cheers in advance :)

You will need a pump that can deliver 200L/m to be successful. Very few 1"pumps will have this capacity. I recommend a 1 1/2" pump and most of these will deliver around 220 L/m. Once you get into the 2"pumps water volume is not an issue, but weight of the pump can be excessive if you want to carry it any distance.

Thanx Wal.. Any ideas for a cheap place to get it from??

Thanx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts