Victorian goldrush days maps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1570429028_bright_wandiligong__freeburgh_29.jpg

note the colour difference.same source,yet different source.

1571131547_whitegf2.jpg

I also teach how to georeference these maps and place them inside geo software.

1571131915_bright1.jpg

I much prefer the more modern maps,but it's good to cross check both.

1571132092_bright2.jpg

Sorry for 'digging up' an old post.
Im new to the forum, still working it all out.
Im wondering if anyone has heard of any maps from around melbourne north east? I am well aware there are PLENTY of old/abandoned mines in the area and shallow diggings aswel around old/ancient creeks.
I want to learn more about timelines of some of these places and how large some of the mines were..
Any help with maps or info would be great to have a read of over a coupke beers!
Cheers folks.

Rishey89 said:
Sorry for 'digging up' an old post.
Im new to the forum, still working it all out.
Im wondering if anyone has heard of any maps from around melbourne north east? I am well aware there are PLENTY of old/abandoned mines in the area and shallow diggings aswel around old/ancient creeks.
I want to learn more about timelines of some of these places and how large some of the mines were..
Any help with maps or info would be great to have a read of over a coupke beers!
Cheers folks.

State Library :Y: haven't heard of them building a bar and staffing it with scantily clad women but their collective literature of Victoriastan history is good.

Hey mirrors,

Going for another thread dig.

Do you have any old maps on “Queenstown” (present day smiths gully and kangaroo ground/panton hill)

It’s hard to find old maps on the area

Hey mirrors tried the link but can't download for some reason. I'm useless with technology. If you have any maps of West Gippsland(Hawthorne ck shady ck or Russell creek) would be greatly appreciated