Very Dry In Clermont and not just the weather !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys. I spent 7days at Dells Hole, and guess what? Not even a speck of gold. Well I didn't want to go home empty handed so had to stop at WC on ma way back. In 1 and half day got 7 nugges over 6grams. Don't like to judge places but that says something. Also spoke to other guys at DH who said that this was second visit with no gold as well.
To defend DH a bit, I also spoke to few others before I left and they said they found a patch..
Going back? Hell no!
1473645271_20160909_140729.jpg

Luke ..................... I'm going back you bet ........................ to Long Gully ;)
Bugger I didn't catch up but next time will organize a time to meet at Forsayth shop ?
Cheers Bogger

Luke said:
I'm thinking about Palmer now, before it gets too hot

Take plenty of water ............................. oh and your bullet proof vest from what I'm told :D :D :D
Trying to work out if I can get another stint in myself in the next week or two but drove back in one hit yesterday ................. 1800 K and still feeling a bit the worse for wear especially after another 400 K run this morning .................. the bums still numb from the epic but the smile on my face is worth it :D

Dont thnk anyones been shot in a while .touch wood .. but i did speak to a few locals an there has been isues with your campsite suddenly combusting when you are not there .. dont get me wrong i dont scare off easy but its a bit hard to defend against scum bags who hide in the shadows doing crap like that .. so jus keep it mind if you go there. I get along with pretty much evryone ive met detecting but just got bad vibes up there .not worth it for me lol .. :eek: did get a lot ov good info on the area if you get up that way have a talk to robert who runs the mountcarbine caravan park he is a real ole rock hound an will give some good info on that area .still a lot of gold there but its deep an mostly under leases .. :D

RG I'm hearing ya ....................... that's one of the things I liked most about Long Gully ..................... very welcoming and the shop owners in Georgetown and Forsayth were the same. Met some great people from all over whilst there and even other travelers at the fuel stops were great. Only problem I had the entire trip was some dirty oxygen thieves milked my jerry cans on the trailer at Charters Towers caravan park. :mad: Wouldn't mind if I had found out prior to going to use the fuel about forty K's North of Oasis Springs and if I hadn't had the 12 litres in the bike to milk wouldn't have made it back to Oasis Springs :rolleyes:

Yep yep one of the best canps for us in a long while too .all good all round gen country folk .dont see that too much anymore . Buggr bout the fuel thieves what park ? We always stay at the big 4 at charters down in the unpowerd camp area if u can jag it friday they do wood fired pizzas mmmmmm ..pizza lol . As for the fuel thieves karma will catch up with the assholes .. was readn on f book couple in nz heard a noise outside the wina b go didn worry bout it then nxt morn saw o side a hose beside a large pool of vomit an the cap off their poo tank on the ground :lol: frign awsum .i luv karma :D

Obviously they had dinner guests the night before ......................... menu Poo stew with an entree of Pee soup :eek:
Park was the one just as you come into Charters from the South ................... think it was called Charters Towers Tourist Park. In saying that the owners were great people and certainly no reflection on them or their business as they can't control all that happens in the park.
Ok just washed down the camper and de dusted everything ......................... so ready to go again :D all I need to do is get that ugly thing called work of my back. Been flat out like a lizard drinking since I got back playing catch up.
RG ....................... ya still local or headed out again ?
;)

Im in canberra m8 its buetiful weather here sunny warm days mellow nights :...o shit that was nrth qld :eek: hahaaha it farkn cold and wet ....how i like my beer not my climate lol ...just doin the tourist trail while we wait for bathurst weekend ..hopefully we will do some detecting around ophir or peak hill area next week or so ..havn detected in nsw before so dont no how we will go so far what ive seen mite be a mission very wet and lots of long grass .have you ever been down this area ? Any advise from anyone im all ears :D .

Mate I'd head out towards the Cooma area if your killing some time ? Could be worth having a sniff around ?
Half ya luck in any case at least your away ...................... some are working you know ? :D
Speaking of which ............... wouldn't mind applying for a job at Long Gully ................. few mech repairs, some mustering and picking up nuggets along the way ................. wouldn't be half bad ;) But would be taking the air con this time as left it home last time ................. bad move that was.
Enjoy RG I'm envious :/

RG you have been super quiet ? Has been a month since heard a peep from you and was wondering if you have you come across the mother load yet ? ;)
Could be heading back North shortly and just doing some stints early morn and late arvo to try and dodge the heat that's building up there ? But as said before will be taking the air con unit with me this time :D
Let us know where you are ? If I can catch up with Luke will get him to show me all that glitters at Palmer :eek:
So think this string should now officially become The Savannah Way paved with gold I think :D :D :D

Latest posts