Very cheap 4 X 4 MWB Landcrusier .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have no connection with this dealer . He has imported a MWB Landcruiser from Japan It has only done 88, 000 km. from new . It is fitted with a PTO winch from new . It is auto matic with turbo diesel . You would be buying an as new 4 x 4 for a cheap price . It is at Sunrise motors , Ryde , Sydney .

That's very interesting, not looking at buying a 4x4 atm but noticed the other day just did a random click on gumtree add on this forum
on a low km Toyota v8 diesel ute with 20 kms on the clock i almost fell over 100k im like no way is a ute worth 100k i added it to my watch list and WTF
it sold, turns out that there is a lot for sale at skippers Mitsubishi and other west Aussie dealers under 120k on the clock 2021 with a new car warranty
unsure why there is so many on the market ATM
there ya go some random info for ya :Y:

The wait for new cars from dealerships is crazy.
I have seen low km used 4wd selling for more $ than new. Covid tax is real.
It cant last though, the bubble has to burst eventually

HippyProspecting said:
The wait for new cars from dealerships is crazy.
I have seen low km used 4wd selling for more $ than new. Covid tax is real.
It cant last though, the bubble has to burst eventually

Agreed i sold my 2021 duel cab 4x4 triton as i couldn't put up with being told I'm bad driver alarms and this thing never stopped beeping alarms very distracting
i got 5k more than i paid for it with 8000ks on the clock.

I ended up buying a new Mahindra single cab 2wd ute which I'm enjoying, the dealer in my town ordered 10 utes 2wd and 4 duel cab 4x4s all sold in two weeks
no trade-ins with the sales.
personally, for me, i thought long and hard about do i really need a 4x4 in fact i have taken my Mahindra on harder tracks than any of my other 4x4s and treated it badly
which i think is due to only investing half the value of my Mitsubishi and not worried if i scratch it

if you have no use or rarely use a 4x4 and re-think a better option in 2wd will save you on covid tax

everything in WA has gone up with regards to "everyone is a camper now" 4x4 camper trailers, trailers, camping stuff, to the point of now way pricers
the 2nd hand market is the same bring out ya dead old Rustie camper trailer for 6k as an example
bloody covid tax

If and when , I sell my MWB diesel Landcruiser I think I will get more than I paid for it . It is now a collectors item . I already have a guy that says he will buy it , when I want to sell it . Says he will pay in gold .....

Mike678 said:
If and when , I sell my MWB diesel Landcruiser I think I will get more than I paid for it . It is now a collectors item . I already have a guy that says he will buy it , when I want to sell it . Says he will pay in gold .....
nothing wrong with the old Landcruiser i spent many years in the mining industry fixing them :Y:

There's a lot of toy 4wds out there now that are fuel efficient and have a lot of bells and whistles but wouldn't last 6 months on a farm or minesite! I reckon I'll keep my 1hd-fte cruiser ute till the day they lay me in the ground.....they're not cheap to fix but they don't need fixing very often!

Dave79 said:
There's a lot of toy 4wds out there now that are fuel efficient and have a lot of bells and whistles but wouldn't last 6 months on a farm or minesite! I reckon I'll keep my 1hd-fte cruiser ute till the day they lay me in the ground.....they're not cheap to fix but they don't need fixing very often!

Brilliant vehicle worth a squllian, Toyota's best factory turbo motor, upto $15k just for the motor from a wreck :eek:

I bought my MWB in Nov. 2006 . Done a lot of kms. but it is not the daily driver . It is on the road but resting in the garage . Not had any major problems . Engine is 4 cylinder type 3B diesel .

Most of my reasoning behind buying new was emission wanted Euro V standard due to changing emission laws over the next 5-10 years with carbon net-zero by 2050 and more worrying carbon neutral by 2030 and no doubt older diesel will have to definitely clean up their emission as sooner if a push into electric cars

Latest posts