Vanquish 540 update

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I tried to update my 540 but when I plug the usb lead in it still comes up can't detect my machine do u need a special cable as I am using my power one from my Bluetooth headphones or the one from reachable batteries pack
The machine turns on when I plug it in but want update any advice would be much appreciated

I tried to update my 540 but when I plug the usb lead in it still comes up can't detect my machine do u need a special cable as I am using my power one from my Bluetooth headphones or the one from reachable batteries pack
The machine turns on when I plug it in but want update any advice would be much appreciated
Third dot point below

From https://www.minelab.com/usa/vanquish-software-update-1

Note

• Batteries must be in place, and charged, to perform the update.
  • Your VANQUISH coil must be connected to perform the update.
  • Many Micro-USB cables that are supplied with electronics (including those supplied with the battery charger and headphones in the VANQUISH 540 Pro Pack) are "power only". To update your VANQUISH, you will need to ensure your Micro-USB cable supports data as well.
  • Only one VANQUISH can be connected to your computer during the update operation.
  • VANQUISH will turn on automatically when plugged into your computer.
  • Any custom detector settings will be preserved while performing the update.
  • An Internet connection is required to download the Minelab Update Utility to the computer, however, an Internet connection is not required to update VANQUISH and this can be done offline.
Important: Do not turn off or disconnect the detector during the update process.

Ok thanks I have done all that except the data cable I thought they were all the same

Latest posts