v4 Victorian Era Cricket Buckle book

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all,

Well, finally got v4 finished!

First, a big thank-you to all the detectorists, collectors, and the numerous people that have helped me to improve this resource!

Important parts:
- Redefined the book's focus to cricket buckles of the Victorian era.
- For versions 1 to 3 of the book, the title was "Australian Detectorist Recovered Cricket Buckles", and I had stated that the book will remain with the word "Australian" until some other cricket loving nation surpasses the number of Australian cricket buckle finds. At version 4, the book was renamed "Victorian Era Cricket Buckles", as this is the direction the book has taken.
- Locating a cricket buckle that lists the team members and scores of the 1st official test match in England against the Australia team in 1880 (6.10 & 7.9.13).
- 849 Cricket Buckles, 138 Non-Cricket Buckles (39 Nautical, 49 Sporting, 50 Other)
- 175 unique wording or phrase combinations have been identified on the cricket buckles
- Added the tags "Paint", "Registry-Mark"
- Added a section that mentions the Martin buckles, "2.2 Modern Cricket Buckle Designs"
- Added a section on the parts of a cricket belt, "3 The Cricket Belt and Buckle"
- created a URL short link: https://bit.ly/thebucklebook , which redirects to the books google drive location. The book is now 149M in size, and may not preview on some web browsers, so to view, download it, and open the PDF book locally. From a PC, this is usually done by right clicking on the link, and selecting 'save as'. Might take a few days for the book to properly replicate in the google cloud.Currently link is showing old PDF front cover, I've logged a query on google support on how to fix this.

As always, happy to receive any corrections on any errors you find!

thanks!

Brianincnb

Latest posts