Underflow sluice - Has anyone used one of these yet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something different, I wonder how spot on with the angle and flow you would have to be.

Looks the goods - with prices to match. If it works as shown you would soon get your moneys worth not having to do big clean ups though.
Righto - whose going to import & test drive one ;)
(They might send a sample over to one of the suppliers on here :D)

Looks like it works (on finely classified material), wonder how it would go when a larger load of black sand is put through. Would it just clog-up? Easy enough to build a test unit to test the theory. Drewe.

Ive been thinking of making something similar for cleaning up. Got some perspex here which will be good to see through so I can get it right. Im thinking of having the up flow side higher than the down side and an adjustable slide. Just need to get around to it lol.

:D have had a play seems to work. Made a baby one.

1371990564_img_0413-optimized.jpg

Should be ok for testing areas.Working on my wal banker be ready soon.

this type of sluice has been around for a while, thus the video was made in 2012, i think its an absolute ripper of an idea

Aww man, i had the same idea on the weekend after reading a thread on here about a crevicing pump. Was thinking about the flow of water through the pvc tube and whether introducing some perforated baffles would create enough turbulence to cause heavy partucles to drop into a catchment at the bottom of the tube. Would need to play with diameters and angles to see how much material and how much or little water flow would cause it to clog. Hmm more food for thought....

Yeah also saw this video about a month ago, would love to see a Australian supplier trial these and the gold cube side by side.

headbut17 said:
Nice 1 Steve , have you taken it out yet ? , reckons you can put up to 1" size rocks through

No mate only tested it with battery and bilge pump seemed to work ok ,as seen its actally a baby size highbanker that will classify ok down to whatever gap provided on rear grizzly.
Cheap and easy to make although the Perspex is a bit of a fiddle and can be mastered.