Turon State Forest

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Turon State Forest.JPG

Are there any members that have experience/success prospecting within Turon State Forest? I have researched the area via all the regular methods but have failed to find anything of any substance. Historically speaking, the area largely seems to have been void of mining activity.

Apparently, there were 5 gold leases across Reedy Creek (no further information found) and some unidentified diggings (suspected to be Chinese) to the north (also no further information found), but otherwise completely void of activity.

I have been out there a couple of times on day trips to Reedy Creek, but found little of interest. I did locate what appeared to be a trench that looked like it would lead to an Adit, but it was very heavily overgrown and I could not get a good view. It's a difficult area to navigate.

Any information would be appreciated.

Definitely looks like a whole bunch of exploring needed to check out that area. I PMd you a couple of questions :)

won't be Mums The Word for long, especially if I & the squillion other members and trillion non-members get up that way after reading this post

Last edited:
Palmers Oaky mining area
Numerous shallow mine shafts, pits and depressions are within this area. few or no historical data appears to be available howerer many of the shafts have a rounded appreaance they may have been dug by Chinese gold miners.

Last edited:
Palmers Oaky mining area
Numerous shallow mine shafts, pits and depressions are within this area. few or no historical data appears to be available howerer many of the shafts have a rounded appreaance they may have been dug by Chinese gold miners.
Those ones you mentioned are known. I've been talking about the huge void of historical activity between those ones, and Reedy Creek to the South. BTW the ones you mentioned are within a NPWS Wildlife Reserve and are out of bounds for prospecting. You can't even drive your vehicle into that area. If you could find anything one that area, I would be impressed. There just seems to be nothing on the historical record.

Latest posts