Tuena Highbanking Trip

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paperboy

Geoff
Reaction score
On Saturday my son and I went to Tuena and took our river sluice which I'd converted to a homemade highbanker. After about an hour of trying to get the waterpump to work, we asked Trent (Diggerdude) if he could help us, so a big thanks to Trent and Dave for helping us with the waterpump. Dave finally got the pump sucking/working, but my highbanker didn't work very well as the hoppers legs weren't high enough or strong enough, so it got blocked up to easy. So we gave up and cleaned up the hb, we only got one chunky piece of gold for about half an hours digging. Shouldnt be to hard to modify my highbanker so we can have another go at Tuena, before it gets really cold, and before the ski season commitments start :D
Geoff & Jarryn.

G'day Paper boy,

Dave and Trents' advice will be priceless and you should have that banker working a treat in no time. Winter is a great time to hi bank and dressing for the cold can be quite rewarding....also a lot less leaches..bonus. Best of luck ,Cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts