Try before I buy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teemore

One foot out the door
Reaction score
For starters thanks to all the great info out there, a wealth of knowledge gladly given, my thanks to you all.

Thinking of buying a detector to give me something to do when the fish aren't biting or when the back is too sore from raking crevices.

Thought going on one of the one day outings that a few of the retailers seem to offer ......
Has anyone been on these, to me it seems a no brainier to help learn the ropes.
Just curious as to what type of equipment they provide on these outings, can't afford a thousand plus plus model (but would love to one day) so obviously keen to see how the 'lesser' models perform ie the ones I could afford.

Although gold would also be a target most use would be around old sports oval, tennis courts etc etc.

Any recommendations or, advise of what to steer clear of.

Regards Tom

Teemore ,
For gold I would recommend an older Whites Goldmaster , will cost you around $400/450 for one in top condition , the small 6x4 DD coil is the go for our bad ground .

OB .

Thanks Oback,
Will Google and ebay it to see what turns up.
Will probably give the Bendigo mob a go with one of their one day intro trips to see what their recommendations are.
Ta, Tom

Teemore said:
Thanks Oback,
Will Google and ebay it to see what turns up.
Will probably give the Bendigo mob a go with one of their one day intro trips to see what their recommendations are.
Ta, Tom

Good luck , there is another gold detector I can say is probably best ever made VLF Gold detector ' it called a Tesoro Diablo Umax , but they are almost unobtainable as those who have one never sell , they come up when someone dies 8.(

OB.

Latest posts