Treasure Enterprises website

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did anyone else ever use the Treasure Enterprises website for their great database of gold bearing locations around the country?

My understanding is that they were a physical business in Brisbane that sold detecting and panning gear as well as maps, books etc. They also had a website treasureenterprises.com which was great as a reference point when researching locations around Australia. I did read a few years ago that they were closing down the physical business to retire but, I have found that the website was still functioning. Tried to access it this week and it seems to have vanished completely.

When I search my bookmarked page now all I get is "Server Error" 404 - File or directory not found. I assume this means the website has been shutdown?

Don't suppose anyone who used this database ever downloaded and stored the entire database somewhere such as on Prospecting Australia?

Sad if all that well compiled info has now been lost! :lol:

I believe that the location information was copyrighted to the compiler (can't remember his name now) so it would likely need permission to reproduce?
Shame - I used to point people to that information as a starting point for their research.
I have sent an email asking about the website & whether the info can be reproduced. Will post here if I hear anything back.

Mr Grubstake you should be getting some sort of Australia Day honour later on this evening. :trophy: :trophy: :flowers: :flowers: :beer: :beer:

This is exactly what I hoped might happen when starting this post today.
My internet skills are very limited and this Forum is an amazing way to benefit from others knowledge of such things.

Is there any chance your "Wayback Machine" could transport someone with a GPZ7000 and a solar panel to keep it charged back to say Bathurst, NSW in about 1850?

I got a response back from Treasure Enterprises.
Basically the site has indeed closed down after 25 years.
Unfortunately the information on the website is still under copyright & can't be transferred.
From the email:
"Any information on my site still remains copyright to me so I am afraid it cannot be transferred to another site .... sorry about that.
I would have liked it to continue in some way but there are several technical / business complications involved.
By the same token, I do hope that everybody appreciated what was done and hoped that they found the many gold nuggets that were left !!!"

Thanks for pursuing this Matt.

The archive search done by Grubstake works fine at the moment. It is my new bookmark.

Cheers,
Graham

I had trouble with the wayback links. However, it looked familiar and after a bit of searching I found a file for NSW Gold.

Dave was Sick last time I saw Him (2yrs).. That's one reason why he closed his store... And Now His Website , Shame...

I know everything is 'Copyrited'...And you can't blame him after what happened..

The Fact that Dave gave most of the info to Mr XYZ, (author of very Famous Gold Books)... For most of the series of Those books...
I won't mention his name as MR XYZ likes to take people to Court...
:poop:
:trophy:

There Was a deal made between Dave and Mr XYZ, and Mr XYZ didn't hold His End of the Deal.. So Dave did what he had to do to 'Keep' other info he had 'Safe' from Him...

Another fact is.... If it wasn't for Dave, All the Records would be lost forever and those famous books would neve had been released with the detailed info they have..

As He pulled them literally Out of a rubbish bin when Mines QLD Moved 'Locations back in the 80's... Boxes and boxes of Mine Records He saved... I have no idea why QLD Mines would have info on WA Goldfields tho? and neither did Dave...But they Did... :)

LW...

Latest posts