Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northeast said:
RM - that little one in particular will be a reddie/trout dynamo. I had a little rapala that looked similar - a fat rap I think it was - and it was a cracker.

Good paint job too :Y:

I'm with you on the little one NE these are his first attempt :Y:. Will be for show only he tried them in the dam to see how they worked which they do work well. He's researched hard bodied lures and learnt the first Rapala lures were made from bark off a pine tree so we've got some bark that will become a usable lure :Y:.

Wishfull said:
OzzieAu said:
Hi RM... no cast, just old good quality forged steel, easy as to weld with my 40yr. old dinosaur arc.
I cant weld cast or galv for nuts... dont know about special rods either... I went to trade school a lo...oong time ago :lol:

Cast isnt hard to weld. Use cast rods. Heat the metal first then weld it but, Do Not let it cool very quickly at all. Wrap it in something like welding gloves and cover with a bag or put it in lime or sand and let it cool for at least 15 minutes. If it is a thick piece you should peen it, meaning tapping it with an engineers hammer on the welds using the rounded part and then very gradually cooling it.
But I could be wrong :)
Galv grind off the galv and weld it. Fumes are really nasty. Just ask me.
Aaah, that's how the quote button works.

Today I made the mudflap for the back of the ute.

1529795187_20180624_085825-800x600.jpg

Hopefully the camper trailer won't be blastered by rocks now. If I had more time I would of made the sides a bit higher.

Cheers

Doug

With your new boots and hard core car wide mud flap you seem to be off doing some hard core digging.

Good luck.

Top job :Y:

:) Was a few years ago :eek: But I made it :D
1531202942_my_couch.jpg

Ive always liked the XR Sedans and XY Utes owned many of both over the years .
This a panel van when it came out of the factory :eek:
The bloke I brought it from cut it down to a ute :|
I only brought it for ....... Not sure can't remember .
But stopped playing with cars a few years ago and No one wanted it so I made a Couch :Y:

Heres my latest repurposing job... a cut and shut on an old junked treadmill.
1531465370_43c5562a-ac57-43a1-a9ad-1f2fd2257f26.jpg

Its now a variable speed rock tumbler with cup holders :lol:
1531465489_afff064c-4898-47ef-bcab-902e8f3c5227.jpg

Just had to strip it down and shorten the chassis to bring the rollers together to suit my old Coleman water chiller, get rid of the uprights and join the dashboard to the base and cut out the plastic around the driven roller and plug and play. :Y:
1531465895_0bfeed68-99c1-408c-9f73-5eb631189a5e.jpg

1531465896_22db0350-8c38-4dea-a672-b3e9c8403b36.jpg

Latest posts