Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn’t suggesting today mate, when things cool down and time is available to enjoy your artwork and take in your surroundings. It’s not the art that’s important but the peace of mind and the pleasure your craft gives you. Enough philosophising, love ya work Glenn. Mackka

The painting journey continues, these two frames had some old storm photos in them for the last 25 years, time for a change. Had to cut new mats for them, small flowers are all assorted Aus Natives, amazing how much lighter the area is with these lighter paintings on the wall. Sorry for the sideways images, rotated them but they still loaded sideways.ADEA80A2-7F99-4B95-BBE6-1741750A8F81.jpegE1BEC3F2-F262-4A07-B8FC-62610B7BA0D1.jpeg

Coming together nicely
Need to cut the ply for the top and buy some foam ,square upholstery tacks and material for the cover …toss up between a plain or pattern material or splurge on a piece of leather.. 🤔View attachment 7086
With the work that's gone into that, the finish has to be leather, only other alternative would be a beaut tapestry, but your partner might not appreciate the suggestion ;)

With the work that's gone into that, the finish has to be leather, only other alternative would be a beaut tapestry, but your partner might not appreciate the suggestion ;)
I also like the idea of a tapestry Dihusky
Would give it an authentic period charm l recon .. I was also thinking to cut thin strips of similar l wood to use as trim and to secure the material ( tapestry/leather ) instead of using upholstery pins to secure the material , and then add brass corner pieces on each corner of the wood trim…like this..
8D4827FC-CA70-4BA7-99D1-EEAE05A69477.jpeg
Will be something to think about after we get back from Elderado..

Last edited:

Latest posts