Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I suggest a DC 12v speed controller.
Not a great cost at all from our favorite
purchase site.

I just bought a 20 amp jobby for an up and
coming project.

Works really really well.

$25.00

hi lesgold ,any what they call soft soap will do ,ie johnsons baby soap ,you will have to get the cheese grater out for that one and do some grating( i don't like it as sometimes it does not dissolve for some reason, and you have a sticky, slimey mess to clean up)
i use the lux clothes washing flakes (1 level tablespoon full to a lortone 3 pound tumbler, topped up with plastic fill pellets to fill the barrel

i have not used it to clean coins, but when you have a bit of a dull polish on the stones when they come out of the polish ,a day or 2 in the soap brings the polish up to what it should be 👍

Mbasko, could you give some more detail on burnishing soap and where you can get it. I know nothing about it.
cheers

Les
Burnishing compound that I used:
https://www.aussiesapphire.com.au/burnishing-compound-mp103-for-metal-polishingI only got this to try as I was ordering the steel shot & some other gear from AS so just threw it in. Worked well for me with the shot.
Have heard that finely shaved/grated laundry or even basic bath soap gives much the same result at less cost but I've never tried it.
(Edit: posted before reading sand surfers reply 👍).

Thanks again guys. More things to play with. I like the idea of the speed controller. Thanks for that Tathra. Will try the soap and see how that works and may even buy some of the burnishing compound. I did notice that my tumbler was a little cheaper than the AS models. Lol. Perhaps this should have been a thread on its own as there are a lot of good ideas out there.

Hi Folks,

Just finished making a crevicing tool made from 3mm stainless and Paracord. Ideal for scratching out coins in really narrow crevices around the rocks or cleaning out those narrow slits in rock bars when searching for gold.

B9ED4044-3D94-4F9B-8A8E-412455B263A1.jpeg
1BF60C52-6855-4E04-B920-93EF111D47F2.jpeg
Just need a chance to get out and use it.

cheers

Les

Hmm trying out an idea to not scorch the grass!!
Insulation foil and firewall fabric??
We will see??!!
287332430_1077136949888620_6904370290060631127_n.jpg

OK, the insulation foil was too close to the heat source and 'melted'.
So i lowered it down and put it on top of the fire wall fabric.
Result.. no scorching under the fire pit!

20220619_160012.jpg

So today I made a 'blanket, a little bigger than the pit.
Used two squares of fabric and sandwiched one square of foil in the middle.
All sewed up it looks like it will do the job!!

20220619_160047.jpg

Latest posts