Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same problem. I now roll the wheel up onto the tow ball and then use a bar to lift the wheel to it's place on the back door . Looking at a rope block and tackle to lift it . Neen to make a light frame to mount it on . Got very good tyres on now 'so less chance of a puncture .

If you have a caravan , always have a complete blown up spare wheel . I used to carry a spare tyre but nothing else . So, on a dirt road , in the middle of nowhere , I had to get the tyre off the rim . The caravan tyre was a right off . Very hard to get off , tried a jack and put a hole in the side wall . I did get it off with a hammer and chisel . Got going again but wasted many hours .

Hi Folks.

Just finished making a coin tumbler from an old printer that I was just about to throw out. Stripped it down to the feed rollers and motor and then connected the motor to a 12v dc power supply that I had lying around. Made a tumbler from 90mm storm water fittings with screw cap ends. I needed to remove the little lugs off the outside of the cap ends. Did this with the disc sander. It only took a couple of minutes. Glued in 2 internal paddles to pickup gravel and coins and the job is done. Works really well on spendable coins.

Cheers

Les

Attachments

• BBD3B5AD-0863-4385-AE81-5EE9766C0DB0.jpeg
    BBD3B5AD-0863-4385-AE81-5EE9766C0DB0.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4240.MOV
    22.2 MB
Gave the tumbler a test run this morning. Started with a few silvers that I found in the past couple of days on the beach.A348091A-94F1-4692-AEE5-710E925459CD.jpeg
Ran them through the tumbler for half an hour with some beach gravel, detergent and some water to clean off some of the gunk. Still badly stained so they went back in for another hour.
B80846B6-6193-48F9-9C08-524CA172D6BA.jpeg
This time some salt, vinegar and a splash of CLR was added to the mix. The tumbler worked a treat to clean these coins up.
27FB6AB8-48C2-4A2F-8ECF-677F8E6E35C0.jpeg

Thanks for the input guys. Being new to coin hunting means a lot more learning, which is fun. I’d like to hear more ideas in relation to this topic as I have no idea as to what I’m doing. That doesn’t worry me a great deal as spendable coins are really just coffee money. If I ever found anything of value, I’d definitely ask the wizards on here for advice before attempting any cleaning. Mbasko, could you give some more detail on burnishing soap and where you can get it. I know nothing about it.
cheers

Les

Latest posts