Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Dihusky they were. We have never bought them before, however, i do love my bumnuts, so i will be buying them from now on. great value.
Yolk not yoke. I always thought is was yoke but it isn't. Mackka

Not sure how many will find it useful, but there’s a guy here in WA, who runs a YouTube channel called Fire to Fork. Some of his stuff is useless, but he does lots of well produced videos on how to cook decent food, out in the bush, using the type of gear most campers would have at hand. He also has a cookbook which is pretty good.
https://firetofork.net/(I don’t know the guy, and have no affiliation whatsoever)…

Just finished a great feed of King George Whiting fillets cooked in a thin home made ginger beer batter, Miss Kay reckons it's the best tasting batter she's ever tasted😇

Attachments

• 20221220_174115.jpg
    20221220_174115.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221220_174959.jpg
    20221220_174959.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221220_172102.jpg
    20221220_172102.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
Just finished a great feed of King George Whiting fillets cooked in a thin home made ginger beer batter, Miss Kay reckons it's the best tasting batter she's ever tasted😇
Rightio what's the recipe, sounds delicious. I'm not much of a seafood fan but I do love ginger 😋

You'd definitely love this fish RM, and any fish is nice done in this type of batter. Half a cup of self raising flour in a bowl, add 1 egg and any type of beer or as in this case Ginger Beer and whisk until well mixed, I like the mix very thin but others might like it a bit thicker than me. It's important to pat dry your fillets with paper towel and dust them in flour before you dip them in the batter and I shallow fry them in a frying pan in vegetable oil, have your pan hot before you put the fillets in, when the batter looks cooked they're done.

Latest posts