Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bud,
Well it looks ok??!! Smells frikkin' awesome!
Will see when it cools overnight and served with whipped cream or ice cream tomorrow??

The Base is short crust on the bottom and puff pastry on the side!!!
The filling is a pumpkin!

This is a totally smoked Pumpkin Pie desert!!

My birthday party this year is themed 'Smokin..'
So everything is off the smoker!
Jalopeno Poppers, stuffed portobello mushrooms, Chicago steak with Hasselback potatoes and smoked pumpkin pie with cream for desert!
We even have smoked cocktails!!!
20220321_223830.jpg

Two pumpkin vines there, they will be japs, and maybe gold topped mushrooms, unsure, they do look fragile, and I don't think I'll cook them up to try.

Anyone able to identify the mushrooms at all ?

:playful:
They're not gold top as in the hallucinogenic type and probably won't make you sick if you cooked them.
There's over 2000 different mushrooms in Australia and I think there are 14 that'll kill you for sure, so the odds are in your favour - feeling lucky?
General rule of thumb if you're not sure is
STAY WELL AWAY FROM THE WHITE ONES THAT ARE WHITE UNDERNEATH AS WELL!
From memory all 14 known killers fall into this colour scheme. Death caps especially (the most deadly globally) are in this category and you are going to die even if you only have a little bite, there's no antidote and no second chance so remember the rule of thumb and enjoy your trip into the world of mycology. It stands to reason if it looks really weird or smells like dog shit you're not going to put it in your mouth either, some can make you feel a bit crook thousands are delicious some not so much had one once tasted like marshmallows.
Those toadstool in children's books (red with spots) "Aminita Muscaria" might kill you if you eat them but will definitely make you vomit your heart out eating raw or cooked, yet some bake dry them out as it converts the poison into an hallucinogenic might make them a bit weak stomached but they're off with the fairies like in the kids books and don't care.

Hi Jaros,

There is a bit of sugar in the recipe. One tablespoon of sugar is added to the mix but that makes two loaves of bread. The yeast would have a good feast on that sugar and help the dough rise.