This is one of my favourite things (Apologies to Julie Andrews)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkear

Geoff Mostyn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just thought I’d start up a thread for things we like to have, just because we do, no other reason than that.
Selling our house at Daisy Hill, and going through everything to see what will go and what we (that is I) want to keep has made me try to justify to my wife why I want to keep certain things and for many of my favorites the best answer I can give is “Just cos”.
So I thought I’d start off with my portable boxed balance scale. Everything unscrews and packs down into box.
I know modern digital scales are easy to use but weighing out gold on balance scales seems far more exciting as you add more and more weight wondering when the side holding the gold will start to rise.
The second photo is from when I was selling some small nuggets to a jeweller from Melbourne. Not only did he buy the gold but also wanted to buy the scales as well.
810D2B94-622C-4BFF-9BF3-85CEB9ED9FA7.jpeg71F1F197-5738-485C-BF20-375DE98FF522.jpeg

Probably along the same thread, is that I have just made a decision to sell one of my other favourite things.
I am also interested in astrophotography and have some telescope gear. Amongst my prized possessions is a Moonlite electronic telescope focuser just oozing quality. Alas having had it for many years I have yet to find a telescope capable (or more properly worthy of of) having it fitted.
So alas I have had to make the painful decision to sell it.
PS not looking for a sale here as have advertised it on the Australian amateur astronomers forum Ice in Space.
Just now one of my favourite now ex-things. FF7F44F3-D2AF-46CB-A20C-CD1FD5E2A8C8.jpeg

I am drooling over those scales. Have been looking for something like that for years but they are too expensive. Don't sell them they're too nice.

Regards Axtyr.

Latest posts