This is an Impact Mill rock crusher I built

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not got mine running yet , but I will put bolts on the ends of the chains . Was out for a few days last week , first time for a couple of years . Been given access to 130 acres . Just checking the joint out . There is a 3 foot quartz reef that carries gold on top of a hill . Cannot swing a detector , too much scrub . Needs more time and work .

Can drive to the top of the hill , which is good .

As the crusher turns the chains will tend to move in towards the shaft . Putting bolts on the ends of the chain , should help the chain to fly out and keep straight . This should result in better crushing . IMO .

Talking of using a nine inch grinder. If you intend to use the crusher on-site then you need to keep an eye on the wattage of the motor used to drive it. It's ok if you have a big generator and some way of getting it onto the site but if you are using a portable generator then you can't draw more than what the generator will handle on startup.

I've been making an Impact Mill rock crusher for speeding up the rock crushing process, it seems to work well and grinds the rock/quartz to fine powder in a single pass, and yes I have to break the rock down a bit to start with to fit down the 40x40 feed tube into the mill.

these are the rocks to go through the mill

after going through the mill

very fine powder now

Youtube of the Impact mill working
[video=480,360][/video]

[video=480,360][/video]

cheers dave

Looks pretty damn good to me!
One of these is next on my never ending list of projects!

I started making a Jaw Crusher about a year ago, but got stuck on trying to drill holes through the Triangular Bastard files I was tring to use as teeth.

As a temporary measure, I've been using a Hammer Drill with a smashing bit, and doing it all in a dolly pot - it's loud, but it works! (that's why I go do it in the bush)
I make the nicest sand! ;-)

It finally occurred to me while doing that, that I could just try using hardened bolts as teeth in the crusher instead!
I'll give that a go & see how it works, it should at least crush stuff down to the point where I can easily run it through a flail mill.

I don't know trial and error for now

Ok I ran a couple hundred grams of rock through it and it looks to be hitting the heads of the bolts, another 10kg will really tell

I like the idea of the bolts. I'd look at replacing that first link with a rated D shackle to make changing the Chain links easier as they wear.

Latest posts