The shop with a snakes name complaint

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not gonna mention their name, they specialize in outdoors and camping mainly. I'd guess nearly all here know who I'm talking about.

Bit of a warning!

About 3 weeks ago now I purchased from them online because we live in a country town, 3 yabby box nets. They turned up quickly, but 2 out of 3 nets had holes torn in them, and they were obviously smaller than shown online. All 3 were a different colour than shown but whatever, colour didn't bother me.

They weren't wrapped so staff could have checked them.

Finally found and lodged my complaint online, bit of a headache to do that, barcodes, purchase order number, all my details etc etc, but finally got it lodged, same day they arrived.

It's now been 3 weeks and haven't had or heard from them! I'm pretty disappointed considering I've spent a good amount in their stores over the years, over $1500 on detecting equipment there alone.

Anyway, sorry for my rant, needed to vent a bit. Would have expected better from such a big chain of stores.
:/

Give a phone call to the nearest store manager and explain the problem . They do not want to loose any customer .

I wanted to buy a Nox 800 as they were on discount . I went to my local store but they did not have any . He could not order one in but could get one transfer d from another store . He looked on the computer and I got it within 2 days . Good service .

Not in Victoria I take it, closed nets were banned a few years ago even in private dams :rolleyes: If you are in Victoria demand a full refund they shouldn't be selling illegal products :beer:

RM Outback said:
Not in Victoria I take it, closed nets were banned a few years ago even in private dams :rolleyes: If you are in Victoria demand a full refund they shouldn't be selling illegal products :beer:

Box nets are banned in Vic? You mean the opera house style?

Far as I know the opera house style is pretty much banned everywhere now. Think the issue there was the holes were too big, things like platypus ended up dying in them. Box nets are ok but must have holes no bigger than about 2 inches.

Might start a yabby thread 1 day soon. I'm surrounded by dams out here. Get some beauties!

Mike678 said:
I wanted to buy a Nox 800 as they were on discount . I went to my local store but they did not have any . He could not order one in but could get one transfer d from another store . He looked on the computer and I got it within 2 days . Good service .

It's why I went to them online. In-store they are great. I'm a huge fan of them. Bought majority of my outdoor stuff from them. Just let me down this time.

I had an issue with them flat out refusing a price match in store when another manager had agreed to it.

So I wrote to their head office & it was referred back to the store who then did the price match for me, apologising profusely.

Have not gone back there since then due to the arrogance of the manager who refused it. Just the week before I spent $400 on fishing gear. I now shop elsewhere.

fwdoz said:
I had an issue with them flat out refusing a price match in store when another manager had agreed to it.

So I wrote to their head office & it was referred back to the store who then did the price match for me, apologising profusely.

Have not gone back there since then due to the arrogance of the manager who refused it. Just the week before I spent $400 on fishing gear. I now shop elsewhere.

Disappointing no doubt. Bunnings would have plus beat by 10% on top.

OldGT said:
I refuse to support them. Its hard when big box stores offer good prices but their customer relations are flat out frustrating.

Yeah I'm with you OGT :Y: costs me a bit more, I try to support independents as much as I can.

Upside said:
fwdoz said:

If Bunnings were selling what I was after, I would have gone there.

Some managers just like to say no to a price match because it suits them, rather than a factual refusal. He had no reason to refuse it after the prior approval which was agreed by the store manager.

fwdoz said:
Upside said:
fwdoz said:

If Bunnings were selling what I was after, I would have gone there.

Some managers just like to say no to a price match because it suits them, rather than a factual refusal. He had no reason to refuse it after the prior approval which was agreed by the store manager.

Almost like its their own stock or bottom line, I really hate that kind of attitude and vote with my feet. The sad part is noone is getting appraised on their competence and demeanour. Sadly its employ managers at the lowest cost, purchase stock at the lowest price, and give shareholders the profit, all the while sticking it to the little guy.

Latest posts