The gold fields and mineral districts of Victoria 1869 - free ebook

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted before so here goes.

The gold fields and mineral districts of Victoria: with notes on the modes of occurrence of gold and other metals and minerals (free to download as a Google eBook). If you don't know how to open it, when you find it in google ebooks, there is a wagon wheel type icon at the top right - click the download button. follow the bouncing ball from there.

This is considered by many to be the 'gold bible' of Victoria. Written by R BROUGH-SMYTH. Free through google ebooks. Comes a a pdf - quite large. 707 pages. 1869. Has a good index.

I highly recommend this book for all budding Victorian prospectors. In fact, any of BROUGH SMYTHs writings are excellent.

Hope it helps.

Good bedtime reading! Well, if it gets me nearer to some gold . . Thanks for the posting. :)

Good find.
I actually have this book, got it for my Dad many many years ago and cost well over $100 then.
A top read.

Redfin said:
Good find.
I actually have this book, got it for my Dad many many years ago and cost well over $100 then.
A top read.

Redfin - you are very lucky. I have only seen a copy in the state library. Its worth more than a $100 now - if you can even find one.

I have borrowed a hard copy of this book from a guy at work, I wish it was mine!! Really need to get stuck into it