Test Site Revelation!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I got a huge surprise yesterday at the Inglewood test site! A few friends and I decided to run our machines over the targets and the result surprised me. Test one with a GPX5000 and 11inch standard Minelab mono all targets found except two, the same with a 4500 with the same set up. I ran my 4500 over the targets using my Coiltek 14 inch elite found all targets except one.another friend with a 5000 running a Minelab standard 11 inch mono didn't pick up the last two targets. A mate who was running his 6yo 4500 for the first time swinging a Nuggetfinder 12 inch evo mono found ALL targets clearly! All running 9 Gain.

so in regard to the 4500's I wonder if it was a case of the coils making the difference or the age of the machine. there is an ideal chance there to swap the coils on the 2 45's and see what the results tell. b.t.w. I run an old 45 with the coiltek 14'' and very happy with it but if the nf 12'' shows more i'll nick the wifes coil off her 5000. if you get a chance to do that test dubbles please post the results here as I would be keen to see. cheers mark.

12 Evo on the 4500 is a ripper. When I want a bit more coverage and depth I go to the 17x13" spoked Evo.

Latest posts