Camping near Tarnagulla GT Vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Tarnagulla Caravan Park is CLOSED folks and been that way for the last couple of years. We still get heaps of prospecting people trying to pull in there only to be turned away at all hours. It's still in some guide books & some signs up here & there.

Alternatives to this are to camp up at the Tarnagulla Oval/Pavilion. It has water, firepits, loos & hot showers - no power & BYO firewood.

Or check out the free campsite in our lovely Waanyarra. It has composting dunnies, BBQs & some tank water but no power. Perfect location for a swing right out your door!

Failing that, there is Laanecoorie Caravan Park besides the reservoir and it has powered sites & cabins or head back towards Dunolly which has a caravan park & some free unpowered tent sites.

Or just sneak in the bush & enjoy responsibly aware of any fire bans - we are in an A1 highest fire risk area. Please pick up any glass & bottles you see tossed in the bush - it could save a life or the whole ghost town. TY. :)

Hi guys, well after a major health scare put paid to our annual Wa trip we have managed to fit in a couple of 1 week trips to the triangle. Not setting the world on fire but the vixen ( Robyn) managed to snare a nice 2.4 gram piece that will make a loverly pendant.
For anyone heading into the triangle check out the camping ground at the Tarnagulla footy ground , great value $5 a night got good toilets and for $1 a loverly hot shower. There is a caretaker on site (and Kerry is a great bloke) so you have good security when leaving your camp for the day, you can have a fire weather permitting and the money goes into the town so its win win all around. Tarnagulla is in the centre of the triangle and you can meet lots of prospectors.
Jim

Yeah rob he is a character. When were you there, we have been up three times this year so we may have crossed paths.
Jim

Reynard , probly 6/7 weeks ago I stayed beside the oval but directly in front of the pavilion with a small coramol van and white tray back with full length aluminium tool boxes on either side.

Thanks Mackka we have made a lot of new friends in the short time we have been going there and feel very comfortable. Like all old gold towns its a struggle (hence the plug) but the community spirit is strong.

I was not there then rob too busy with doctors lol. But i normaly camp were you were in front of the pavilion too.

I am not hard to identify i have got the big hairy dog and a grey landcruiser so if you see us there come over and say hi.

Condor22 your generator cover looked great.

Jim

Just had a drive-through to look at the level of the reservoir water.
They have cleaned the area up well, with about 8 or so caravans / CTs present.
Showers, toilets, firepit.
$5.00 a night.
A great spot.

Latest posts