Sunshine Coast Club

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appreciate the warning MB I have an idea what it's like.

Having a kidney stent put in then taken out earlier this year is not something I wish to experience again soon.

Hi Moneybox. Hey, we won't be intruders, but guests. Is your place big enough for us all to stay at when we arrive, or are their rellies we can share with? Cheers.

Moneybox and myself was only havin a joke mate. A lot of places in wa have what they call tag along tours which provide a wealth of knowledge from most of them.
They offer lots of insight into things where to go how and why regarding prospecting. Permits are usually held with them for prospecting on leases as well.

Hi Gem in I, I know you guys are joking. I've got a hide thicker than a rhino anyways so it wouldn't worry me at all.

Hey, that's good info on those tag-alongs, thanks mate.

Patience is a learnt thing. Learnt it, sold it. Bought DETERMINATION. I'll go one better, as I believe my FOCUS will outdo your determination.

Cheers, love youse all.

Ha Ha good one digger yes it usually takes me a few :beer: :beer: to get any comprehendible focus :lol: :lol:
Don't forget to post a meetup date if i'm in queensland i'll come and say gday and give some advice on what not to do... :8 :)

Hey Daniel, just thinking we could set a date now if there are already four of us. We can always change it beforehand if more join and the date isn't suitable to the majority. So December 5, 12, 19, or 26 maybe as they all fall on a Sunday. What do you think? I'm easy. Cheers.

Hi Pete,

I am travelling to China on holiday from Dec 6 to 15 so no good for me during that period.

Dec 26 could be a problem for everyone.

We could set a day or ask for preferences I suppose but then we might just see it drag along so I think setting a date and venue is a better option.

But then I still wont be here to attend between dates indicated so I am stuffed either way.

Regards
Daniel :pickshovel: :goldpan:

Hey Daniel, we've confused something somewhere because the dates were for January 2020.

How does January 5 sound? At that BananaBender pub? Say 10am? Get things rolling?

Hey mate, I'm really sorry as I just checked my previous post and I did say December. My mistake.

Cheers.

If I am in queensland jan 5th i'll see everyone around then or midday good luck either way. cheers.
(edit) I will let you know if I am here.

Hey Daniel, is there something that indicates someone has responded or does one need to keep checking posts all the time?

How did you go with the other two? Are they good for that meet up?

Hey, Gem in l, you are welcome. Where are you coming from?

Hi Mate I am interested. Now live at Gold Coast but formerly resided on Sunshine Coast and was a regular at places around Gympie as well as trips to Warwick.

Perhaps there is low interest because people fear that a club might require them to give up their favoured spots. Not sure.

I know a bit over a year ago a Qld member of this forum tried to get a petition going to seek more land being opened up for fossicking by Qld Govt. Could get a thousand signatures despite his best effort and posting in this forum.

MikeB05 said:
Hi Mate I am interested. Now live at Gold Coast but formerly resided on Sunshine Coast and was a regular at places around Gympie as well as trips to Warwick.

Perhaps there is low interest because people fear that a club might require them to give up their favoured spots. Not sure.

I know a bit over a year ago a Qld member of this forum tried to get a petition going to seek more land being opened up for fossicking by Qld Govt. Could get a thousand signatures despite his best effort and posting in this forum.
Gday Mike
I was wondering where you got to.
You should see the size of the pits now :8 :8

Cool! Count me in!
We need a club song, a motto and a secret handshake.
We need bumper stickers and T-shirts andcould do campfire singalongs and marshmellow toasting!

Where do we sign up? :D

Hi Mike, thanks for replying.

I'll log you in as a member and let you know anything. We definitely have a group of five including you.

Daniel and I have set a date to meet at the new BananaBender pub (old Ettamogah pub) Sunday 5th January at 10 am to just catch up and introduce ourselves, and to sort out a few things. Don't go out of your way as I don't think it will be a major event and you can catch up at one of our trips if that is easier for you.

I think we may organise a weekend overnighter to somewhere later in January, at least I hope so. Any input on that or anything at all is very welcome.

"Perhaps there is low interest because people fear that a club might require them to give up their favoured spots. Not sure." You may be correct, who knows. If anyone doesn't want their secret spots revealed that is okay, we will just make trips to where ever and if that is a secret spot we would be none the wiser. Secrets are secrets as far as I'm concerned.

Petitions to the government are painful, as is getting the numbers to have any sort of impact as that is all pollies are interested in. I have a thought about being able to search new areas which I will bring up at the meeting.

I had a laugh at your avatar.

So we will keep in touch, cheers.

Hi Gimp, that's a good idea, thanks for that info.

I can't help myself, do you wear all the gear -- leather head mask, G-string, etc.? That's what a gimp is, isn't it? I'm good with that, just don't wear it prospecting lol.

Cheers Gimp.

Latest posts