Stocks n Shares

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still remain bullish about Scandium.
Significantly the deposits in NSW are multi element deposits with Nickel/Cobalt or Rare Earths. The idea would be to integrate Scandium production into the process for extracting the other profitable EV and battery metals thereby lowing Scandium extraction costs.
This would have two effects. It would undercut other more expensive production means used overseas such as treating iron ore and other mine tailings for their generally poorer Scandium content and with a lower price it would accelerate the uptake of scandium as a doping agent to strengthen and provide other benefits for aluminium alloys.
The beneficial effects on aluminium are seen with doping levels of less than 1% scandium and given the the large amount of aluminium used structurally and in transport vehicle framing worldwide this would still represent a significant increase in Scandium usage. Sunrise Energy has measured and inferred reserves of Scandium totalling a massive 14,000t which could be low cost mined together with Nickle and Cobalt production.
If Australia can be the leading source of low cost Scandium in the world, then like with iron ore the future would be rosy for the metal and us.
Coincidentally, I saw this item come up today in an article in an aluminium industry publication Aluminium Insider.
Are Aluminium-Scandium Alloys the Future? – Aluminium Insider
https://aluminiuminsider.com/aluminium-scandium-alloys-future/

Last edited:
I still remain bullish about Scandium.
Significantly the deposits in NSW are multi element deposits with Nickel/Cobalt or Rare Earths. The idea would be to integrate Scandium production into the process for extracting the other profitable EV and battery metals thereby lowing Scandium extraction costs.
This would have two effects. It would undercut other more expensive production means used overseas such as treating iron ore and other mine tailings for their generally poorer Scandium content and with a lower price it would accelerate the uptake of scandium as a doping agent to strengthen and provide other benefits for aluminium alloys.
The beneficial effects on aluminium are seen with doping levels of less than 1% scandium and given the the large amount of aluminium used structurally and in transport vehicle framing worldwide this would still represent a significant increase in Scandium usage. Sunrise Energy has measured and inferred reserves of Scandium totalling a massive 14,000t which could be low cost mined together with Nickle and Cobalt production.
If Australia can be the leading source of low cost Scandium in the world, then like with iron ore the future would be rosy for the metal and us.
Coincidentally, I saw this item come up today in an article in an aluminium industry publication Aluminium Insider.
Are Aluminium-Scandium Alloys the Future? – Aluminium Insider
https://aluminiuminsider.com/aluminium-scandium-alloys-future/
There is a good chance that one day the Australian deposits will be worked. Some have very good scandium grades c.f. say New Caledonia, but with much lower nickel and cobalt grades or very low tonnages. I suspect that the cobalt and nickel will remain the dominant metals and scandium will increasingly become a byproduct.

But one day - timimg is so much an issue. Getting things off the ground with environmental issues has always been a major issue in Australia. Exhausting and prolonged. Good luck though, it is certainly a possibility.

Well, for the uranium stock, I do have this suggestion, as I bought this recently and found it to be quite useful. It nearly doubled in the last five years. https://portfolioslab.com/tools/stock-comparison/URNM/URA
Here, in Canada, a local company just bought this vintage gold mine
Signal Gold Identifies Significant Growth Potential West of the Goldboro Deposit, Initiates Drilling at the Past Producing Dolliver Mountain Gold Mine

image.png
historiccrosssection.png

Latest posts