Stocks n Shares

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you could only buy one stock and hold it for 5 years, what would it be and why ?......

Goldfreak said:
Anything on the ASX that interests you Simmo ?

Not really mate.
I think staples like banks will give you a pretty much constant steady income if you invest enough.

I must admit that I am infatuated with learning crypto atm!

Something that follows rare metals indexes. Electric motors & wind generators are going to need lots of it.

BigWave said:
How about Lynas (Australian rare earths - many say over valued, but if China locks up its rare earth supplies, it may go through the roof) or Worley (many projects on hold - not lost - due to COVID - they will restart)?
Yeah Lynda rare earths , broker upgrades have helped recently . Recipient of of government grant . Galaxy is another great lithium play merging with orabanda to become a global player .

Rare earths have a big future. I would pick Westfarmers a well run WA company that already has a very good record for making shareholders money. It owns two very good assets ( Bunnings and office works) that are growing profits and just committed to building a rare earth refinery in WA . They already have the mine and I do have shares in the company.

My most boring shares are NXT and VEA but I have my reasons for owning them. One with the most growth potential I think but has more risk is probably RZI and one thats really out there but doing all right for me is is AXE. Ones I got burnt on were MX1, 14D and BLU. I dont own any gold stocks atm but their cheapness is starting to get my attention. If you want to know how succeasful I am as a share trader lets just say I still drive trucks for a living :D

Upside said:
Medical marijuana is worth looking into.

MXC is a company to look at in this area with medical marijuana , only at 4.2cents, bit of a speculative buy , but they have some phase 3b trials about to end in regards to pain relief and cancer and also have an anti inflamation medication they have been selling in europe to treat covid , giving them a nice bit of income . Probably undervalued but Im not a financial planner or broker so dont take my advice :)

Danny13 said:
Upside said:
Medical marijuana is worth looking into.

MXC is a company to look at in this area with medical marijuana , only at 4.2cents, bit of a speculative buy , but they have some phase 3b trials about to end in regards to pain relief and cancer and also have an anti inflamation medication they have been selling in europe to treat covid , giving them a nice bit of income . Probably undervalued but Im not a financial planner or broker so dont take my advice :)

So is Zelda pharma. They've got ties in the major pharma world. Mate of mine is an analyst for bhp, keeps telling me to get some but tbh I'm just not confident enough to start buying any stock or shares. Pay my mortgage off 1st lol

My mate [RIP] used to buy and sell Monadelphous Code MND When they got a new contract the price would go up and he would sell .

Mike678 said:
My mate [RIP] used to buy and sell Monadelphous Code MND When they got a new contract the price would go up and he would sell .

Isn't that insider trading?

Carbon Credits..you can trade using Krane shares ETF ticker : KRBN

This is like Bitcoin and has potential to make a very tidy sum over next 1.5~2yrs and beyond.
Basically its to help reduce/cap global carbon emissions around the world. Governments are going all green and renewable energy so credits will be a premium.
In its simplicity a company that produces carbon emissions has to pay x amount of carbon credits per year to cover there emissions..
Emissions go up they have to pay more, dont have the credits then reduce production to stay within your allotment.. For example if say company like Exon is going hard and over producing carbon emissions then got to pay more credit , if they dont then they are forced to reduce production..If they do that they lose billions of dollars per day so no brainer, just buy more credit and write of expense at tax time..

There is only going to be a limited supply issued (like Bitcoin) so booyah..supply and demand dictates price per credit to increase.

You can trade using Krane shares ETF ticker : KRBN you might have to use broker like SAXO to access.
I'm up around 90% since original investment but I buy more basis points on every dip.
Currently trading around the $36.83 USD mark and my expectation is around $200-$250 USD within next 2yrs.
I trade futures for this as well but dont think you'll be able access tfutures with any aussie based brokers.

Whilst we keep having to use fossil fuels this will make money.
I thank the greenies for their generosity. :cool:

Latest posts