SteelPhase Headphones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a pair from Pat along with a pouch and Sp01

Definately one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn, the ear cup size is generous and the padding is thick and soft with a rubber skin that looks like it will resist sweat really well.
It adjusts well and really grips gently but firm so I'm confident it won't slip off while digging.

Now there's a long wait till I head out again!

Put a photo of them up would like to get a look at them cheers Muk.

1564571067_20190731_185837.jpg

Quality seems really top notch, can't wait to try them out

can anyone using Steel phase headphone give a report eg .how do they go in hot weather as far as sweating are they like a clamp on your head. I have tried some other types of good head phones and have found they are to tight and sweaty

old hand said:
can anyone using Steel phase headphone give a report eg .how do they go in hot weather as far as sweating are they like a clamp on your head. I have tried some other types of good head phones and have found they are to tight and sweaty

Hey OH

I think any over ear headphones regardless of style/type will sweat a little when its real hot. They do have a gel/foam ear pad which offer more comfort over the standard vinyl/foam combinations.
As for being too tight - because they have a stainless headband, they can be bent and adjusted to suit any level of comfort.

I will have some at the Laanecoorie Gold Bash if you're there and you can have a look.

regards
Pat

Old thread, but I thought I'd just give a little update. The Gel Filled pads and headband is one thing that makes the Pro Series headphones super comfortable, but yes as they are a closed isolating headphones they can get steamy in hotter weather. So more breathable leatherette style pads are also available. As these are a little thinner they also clamp your head less, again aiding in a little better breathability. You can buy the pads separately if you already have a pair, or if buying new headphones you can request whichever style ear pads you want. Just let me know.

Here's a link to the pads:
https://phasetechnical.com.au/earpads-pro-series-headphones-leatherette/
These will also fit on the GPX6000 wireless headphones.