Steel Phase Amplifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All

Just wondering if Pat from Steelphase is on holidays or not trading at the moment.

Tried to contact him via email on his website a couple of times, but have not had a response yet.

Hope to get an update, thanks,

Regards Anthony.

Thanks for the update grubstake.

I am sure he will contact me when he's over his misadventure, thanks again.

Regards Anthony.

AUaddict said:
Hi All

Just wondering if Pat from Steelphase is on holidays or not trading at the moment.

Tried to contact him via email on his website a couple of times, but have not had a response yet.

Hope to get an update, thanks,

Regards Anthony.

Good question Anthony Pat's last visit was 18th May so I hope he is recovering well, sure was a nasty incident.

9th March
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=541194#p541194

27th March
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=545055#p545055

Hope all is well with your recovery Pat.

Yes, Pat is okay but very busy. Must be a million things to do with a big move and gearing up for production again.
I think it will be a month or so before we catch up on all the sP01 Enhancer orders at the moment.

Some small numbers went to most shops over the last few days, so the ball is rolling again, albeit slowly.

Cheers, Nenad

Thanks for the update Nenad.

My reason for contacting Pat unfortunately is my SPO1 has stopped working.

I will hope to hear from his in the near future, thanks.

Regards Anthony.

Hello...in my case i have power lines not far away so its Cancel mode or nothing with the 4500. Tried them with the Gog headphones and had to wind the audio right up. The Gogs are 150 ohms so need a little bit of extra drive power to get the best out of them compared to lower ohm headphones. The sound was pretty clear on a 1gm nugget.

Hi all, I am just after some clarification regarding using the Sp01 with a speaker, not headphones.
From reading this thread, and comments regarding the upcoming Sp02 being just an amplifier, and made more to suit the speaker set up, can anyone give me their honest opinion as to whether the audio enhancement feature of the Sp01 is totally wasted with a speaker.
Would I be better off waiting for the Sp02, or pay extra for the amplifier / enhance function.
Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Ded Driver said:
Jacko5, headphones are better due to blocking out (most) unwanted sound, but when its too hot (im in WA) or you just feel like using a speaker(s), using the sP01 filters still gives an improvement in the sound/signal clarity.
Yeah Ded, I'd probably be better off using headphones, but I wear them at work for 12 hours at a time, so I appreciate the breeze blowing around my ears.
I just got the impression from earlier comments that the enhance aspect was wasted when using speakers, and maybe the Sp02 amplification will be more suited.

Does any have recommendations for ways to setup the SP01 on your gear whilst out prospecting? Does everyong use phase technical's cover/pouch and attach to belt / harness?

I run an sP01 with a GPX 5000. I tried a few different places/set-ups before settling on the pouch clipped to my belt, on the opposite side to my pick. It's comfortable, out of the way and works well.

Latest posts