Songs to celebrate your life at your funeral.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anniegee said:
I'm not having a funeral as my nearest and dearest all know I'd prefer them to throw a BIG party...choices (at this stage) ... "Don't Stop Me Now" (Queen) and" Nothing Else Matters" (Metallica)... plus everyone would get a printed copy of "The Prophet" (Kahlil Gibran)

O:) O:) O:)

I am not too fussed about death , I had PTSD since 8 years old so its in dispute if I have really been living since then anyway but one thing I am keen about is that when I die I will have a few days off work to relax.

Maybe a whole week.

Something from the Wiggles...maybe Hot Potato. But the people attending all have to sing it complete with doing the actions.

I had a good friend fall off the perch a few years back and at her service she had an open casket. She was wearing bright orange fluffy duck feet. Was good to see people walk solemnly up to her casket, some crying then walking away smiling or laughing. :Y:

p.s. I also want a tape player hidden in my box that intermittently farts during the real solemn and quiet parts of the service.

p.p.s. I also want to be there to watch it!

madtuna said:
Something from the Wiggles...maybe Hot Potato. But the people attending all have to sing it complete with doing the actions.

I had a good friend fall off the perch a few years back and at her service she had an open casket. She was wearing bright orange fluffy duck feet. Was good to see people walk solemnly up to her casket, some crying then walking away smiling or laughing. :Y:

p.s. I also want a tape player hidden in my box that intermittently farts during the real solemn and quiet parts of the service.

p.p.s. I also want to be there to watch it!

Duck feet is good.

Another is an open casket with a baseball bat and ball inside it , as in took his bat and ball and went home

Ive had a mixed bag in life
some good, some :poop:
unfortunately this reflects in my taste in music.
when they finally stomp my screaming reaching body below the earth for the last time, I want these 2
Meatloaf: I'll kill you if you don't come back
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/Rcnd3mSdG1w[/video]
Meatloaf: Life is a lemon (and I want my money back)
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/sqThzmd_jsc[/video]
sorry, gotta have 3
followed by Bonnie Tyler: Total Eclipse of the Heart
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/Svz-W5w2bPM[/video]
I'll be back :skull:
DED

Deepseeker said:
It's a rather coincidental post this one, seeing as we buried my father only today. He died last Thursday 16th, and my youngest daughter and I drove the three hours down to Dandenong for the funeral. My eldest couldn't bring herself to go, and seeing as Mrs D.S had to stay here and mind the shop along with our casual, just the two of us made the trip down there. He was 89 and wanting to check-out for a while now, he had multiple health issues and wouldn't do as the doctors told him, so even though it was sad it was also kind of inevitable. My mother and Sister chose John Williamson's "Flower on the water", another one I can't remember, and then the West Ham United club song "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles", as being a Londoner he was a mad keen Hammers supporter.
ahh shiitt Deepseeker. my heart goes out to you.
I still miss my 'ol man :flowers:
chin up fella :power:

I have been sitting with a friend of 35 years most days of the week in his final days of cancer.
He wants to pass away at home.
He was a large framed man, but looks as though he has been in the Changi P.O.W camp now.
Not a religious man, more pagan.
Relo's are pushing religious BS into him...
His funeral, his music!

I'm gunna get roasted and have my ashes thrown into the Macquarie river where I wagged school, swam and fished.
Some of my best memories of camping and fishing trips have been around the 200km stretch of that river.
Seems fitting.
AC/DC, "HIGH WAY TO HELLl" :lol: might be a bit unsettling! Ha
Better settle for another Aussie 80's band perhaps!
O:)