Solar panel suppliers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have been looking for a new solar panel to rig on the roof of my ute.
The current one is a 120 watt I bought years ago, now time for an upgrade.
Looking through eBay there are many options from mainly NSW.
Focused on a 350W retailing for $159.
Made a list of the many selling this panel at roughly same price.
Next I checked the feed back on four sites and every one of them had negatives regarding the solar panels not delivering any where near the rated 350W.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a reliable supplier?
I got mine from a company called sun-yee they also have an eBay store. Had it for 5 years now no problems with it

Sun Yee (also known as Atem Power) produces pretty cheap panels. I had a blanket from them and while it worked, it did not produce the stated power and was constructed pretty crappily. They do have good customer service insofar as they will replace their products bo questions asked - they don’t want bad reviews. But definitively not a quality brand.

Had a Hard Korr 200W “soft” folding panels (nylon not aluminum), worked great and to spec, well constructed and very lightweight under 10kg, but after 6 months use in the bush the connection between two of the panels failed. It was replaced under warranty.

Kickass aluminum framed panels were great only drawback is very heavy.

I see that gold-rat high bankers is now selling a solar blanket setup. Looks pretty good and he certainly tests his stuff.

Latest posts